• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

wandering

I wondered what that was as only had rubbish in it. I've seen a few deer but not sure if they are hunted, but know there is a few shooting areas as they are marked out with some sort of license numbers and think its mainly birds judging by feathers laid about.

The more I look at it.....it doesn’t have the characteristics of a deer feeder. Possibly is just a bin mate.

I haven’t been hunting for a wile so withdrawal symptoms are kicking in :rofl:

Lovely spot any how. A can vision a hammock ant tarp with a fire in your first picture :thumbsup:

managed to have wander round on the other side of the stream today but most of the photos won't upload, says file to big. Guessing the area is used for lots of shooting as found lots of pheasant cages and loads of them flying up from bushes, also seen a few snares set up around the area.
But managed to light my first fire using a fire steel, couldn't get the dried silver birch bark to light so had to use a Aldi fireball starter thingy, was really surprised how much heat the tiny stove gave off just using just dry twigs found hanging up in tree branches.
WP_20180206_08_57_01_Pro.jpg

managed to have wander round on the other side of the stream today but most of the photos won't upload, says file to big. Guessing the area is used for lots of shooting as found lots of pheasant cages and loads of them flying up from bushes, also seen a few snares set up around the area.
But managed to light my first fire using a fire steel, couldn't get the dried silver birch bark to light so had to use a Aldi fireball starter thingy, was really surprised how much heat the tiny stove gave off just using just dry twigs found hanging up in tree branches.
View attachment 12385
would have been nice to have seen the ground cleared back a bit and see the fire box placed on something ? glad ya had a good time and seemed to have solved the question of feeders (y)

View attachment 12385

Don't get caught around the pens.....the Gamekeeper will not be happy......especially lighting a fire!
Be a good idea to find another area and stay away.

I often go to my local forest with my girls but we don't stick to the beaten track, we follow the deer trails of which there are many so every walk is a new adventure

Have respect and stay away from the pens.....no trace to leave then.
What i would do is to recce ? are the feeders still in use ? is it a big shoot or a local one, how many feeders over what area, a big shoot there will be signs of 4x4 quad with feed coming in, a local gun club one prob foot prints in my mind just be interesting to find whats going on (COVERT)

Just a side note on the picture sizes. There's a free program called FastStone Photo Resizer [LINK] which would do the trick if you're on a Windows box.

Glad you got the fire started with the ferro rod :)

Just a side note on the picture sizes. There's a free program called FastStone Photo Resizer [LINK] which would do the trick if you're on a Windows box.

Glad you got the fire started with the ferro rod :)
why on picture size when it works ? good picture, plenty of detail ??

Back