• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Want to be famous ?

Matt

Site Owner
Staff member
TV.jpg

Reactions: Bam
Difficult to harvest meat legally or humanely in the UK without using modern tools. It leaves you free running snares or catapults...and even then there are restrictions.
I have had a couple of very nice antique split cane and reed fish/crayfish traps through my hands but even they're subject to restrictions.
Using improvised traps or trigger sticks to survive is one thing but getting caught using traps that aren't on the 2018 approved traps list just for the sake of a telly program is something else.
I'm wondering if they've thought this through properly.

Last edited:
A would be game for that :D that’s if I ever get out again:lol:

I'm unsure as to how many years there are in two life sentences & due to being crap at maths I would struggle to work out an average for you buddy ! :D;)

Your situation reminds me of that scene in The Life Of Brian film

" He's been a very naughty boy " !

" He's not coming out " !

" So go away " ! :D;)

It's not being on the telly that puts me off Bam, it's media types. Over the years I've either sold props to or hosted a fair few media types and I've come to the conclusion that they're a pain in the arse and they'll make you look bad or stupid if they possibly can.

Yep being watched taking a dump in a hole and skinning rabbits (not at the same time obviously), by a large audience is not something I aspire too. The rest of it sounds interesting though. :)

If I could make fire by primitive means I'd consider it. However, I have lost count of the number of firesteels I have lobbed in the general direction of away over the years in frustration of no flamey. 🤣

If I could make fire by primitive means I'd consider it. However, I have lost count of the number of firesteels I have lobbed in the general direction of away over the years in frustration of no flamey. 🤣
Just give me a list of locations and I'll be there metal detecting before you can say spark. I like my flint and steel so much that I even use it to light the fire in the living room.

Back