• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Warm Waterproof Trousers

It really depends on the weather I think.
I generally wear cargo type trousers if it's dry, thinner Craghopper style if warm and those + waterproofs if wet. If cold and wet then ski trousers. If very cold, thermals + ski trousers.

Aye, it depends on your environment. Gaiters are another factor, if you're wearing them and a long fouly then you're only exposed for a fairly short part of your body. I guess it comes down to having the options.

Yep, I use gaiters also. (never as the only piece of leg-wear though, unlike those who get probed by aliens) :p
:lol:

I suppose leather chaps would be handy in that situation too.

My berghaus event fabric over trousers have full length side zips and vented pockets and can be taken off/put on in about 30 seconds. They have pass though zipped pockets which work as vents and a vents as well so don’t get too hot but do keep you dry.

craghopper summer kiwi trousers are breathable and dry really quickly if they do get wet and I could wear a base layer under them if I wanted.

Running leggings take up no room, are warm and can be worn as spare trousers in camp either on their own or under the over trousers if it’s wet. They are also comfy to sleep in if it’s a bit chilly.

I go with the Craghoppers as well. For winter climbing and camping I wear a 25-year-old pair of Pearl Izumi trousers underneath them (cycling trousers), they are microfleece and waterproof and even camping at -5C I've been comfortable enough, I look like Max Wall with them on hence why they're underneath. ;) I've got a £10 pair of zip-off Gelert overtrousers if it gets really wet and they've served me well despite the price (bit bulky). I want to buy new trousers, but the gear I've got has never been a problem to need solving.

up date on the trousers i got from china .... after wearing them for the trip north i can say they are the most comfortable trousers ive ever bought and will be ordering a couple more pairs when cash allows :)

i can also vouch for the water proof as i insisted in testing them at the various services we stopped at buy dropping my tea on them more than once :lol:

You also get them on wish list and Vova. Vova is through papal so there’s a bit of security ... not to sure on wish?

Probably use the same site as @Matt as his trousers turned up all right 👍

Joom does take Paypal btw and I've ordered plenty from there before. Average delivery has been 23 days from China.

Damn Vova are £15.62 for the same trousers. I can't believe I've paid as much as £17!!! :mad:

LOL good find Mark :)

Reviving this thread.

These trousers are fairly decently warm and I'd say shower proof but certainly not waterproof. Kneeling will instantly get you wet knees.

So I'm on the hunt again for budget waterproof trousers (not over-troos) with reinforced knees. Yet I don't want something that will make my legs (etc) sweaty.

I'm thinking of these SOLOGNAC ones from Decathlon.
Does anyone have experience of these?

or

The 24.99 ones look better Paul. Might get myself a pair to :thumbsup:

Back