• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Water filtration….

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Here is my latest filtration set up …

1 litre Katadyn Beefree bottle and filter (perfect for filling up and using on the go ).

2 litre CNOC wide opening bladder ( for gravity fed filtration in camp )

Both have 42mm closure and are interchangeable with the Befree filter unit .

To be field tested shortly.

32F58B68-FD88-4702-8246-8969753DF4B4.jpeg

What is the filter medium in the 2 litre bladder?

Non ... you use the Befree filter on both .

• Weight: 62g
  • Technology: Hollow fiber filter; 0.1 micron (0.0001 mm) EZ-Clean Membrane TM
  • Effect: Removes bacteria, cysts and sediment
  • Output: Up to 2 l/min
  • Capacity: Up to 1,000 l depending on water quality
  • Guarantee: 2 years
  • Material: EZ-Clean Membrane™ with Hollow Fibers Hydrapak ® SoftFlask TM made of TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane), 100% PVC and BPA free

Aah, I see.

I use a similar bladder for (in camp) sedimentation: rolls up and is opaque so you can see the settlement and ‘cleared water’.

My filter is a millbank bag, again rolls up easily for storage/carriage (but it doesn't dry out quickly).

I nearly always then boil for sterilisation. (I’ve never really trusted tabs nor liked the taste!).

Sometime back I posted on a neat little device - a small plate with three holes in it used to quickly create a sturdy tripod with (natural) poles.

I’m just in the process of making a larger copy to use as a tripod support for a millbank filter set up over a jerrycan for me truck.

The smaller version might be a useful addition to a personal H20 processing kit.

That looks a good design, especially the 2 litre bag. I have the Sawyer Micro squeeze, but the bags are difficult to fill from the canoe!

I think that's why the CNOC bags have become popular , it is really easy to fill as @Bopdude will attest as he made me fill my bag and then pour it into his Hydroblu pouch o_O

The CNOC Vecto 2l come with both 28mm and 42mm , not sure what diameter thread the Sawyer is but it may be compatible with the 28mm .

Available at

Back