• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Waveline V hull inflatable boat re-fit

Changed the impeller on the 25hp and gave it a good check over, couldn't find any faults :D I made an engine stand as it's a struggle to lift this one in the wheelie bin :alert:
The waveline has become somewhat of a drama as the distance between the top of the transom and the bottom of the planning tabs is 19 inches so when I used various short shafts that were between 15-17 inches the propellers was just in the water and caveating plus all the engines I tried rubbed on the middle section of the planning tabs the long shaft 25hp shaft is 22 inches from the top of the transom plate to the cavitation plate and its upper find also hit the tabs and would of cut through the the tabs in seconds so I've placed a board between the transom and the engine plus set the trim to number 2 pin the engine is vertical to the transom with these settings and now clears the middle section of the tabs so it should be fine, my only concern is will I have to much engine leg in the water. . . . If so the only answer will be to cut the middle of the transom down to 15 inches :eek: and go with a short shaft. I also fitted transom bolts at the top of the transom each side to hold the transom secure should the glue start to fail I only fitted one each side for now as I will see how much the transom is under load when I get it in the water. . . . All will be revealed Saturday, looking forward to getting this set up on the water but kelly is not lol ;)

View attachment 11615 View attachment 11616 View attachment 11617 View attachment 11618 View attachment 11619
View attachment 11621
View attachment 11622
That looks like an awfully big engine for that little hull Lee

I know i would mainly be 2 up in this set up joe when I'm not I would keep the fuel tank up the bow and fill some waterproof bags with water and clip the inside up the bow. I'm not so tied about the engine weight at the stern as the tubes are so fat and very long past the transom plus the planning tabs keep the stern up, we tested thus with 2 adults standing right at the stern with a 27kg engine on and no problem this 25hp is 50 kg I don't think there is enough power to flip by opening up the throttle but it may be a easy flipper hitting waves with no weight up the stern.

I know i would mainly be 2 up in this set up joe when I'm not I would keep the fuel tank up the bow and fill some waterproof bags with water and clip the inside up the bow. I'm not so tied about the engine weight at the stern as the tubes are so fat and very long past the transom plus the planning tabs keep the stern up, we tested thus with 2 adults standing right at the stern with a 27kg engine on and no problem this 25hp is 50 kg I don't think there is enough power to flip by opening up the throttle but it may be a easy flipper hitting waves with no weight up the stern.
sounds like you've worked it all out mate:thumbsup:

With all these boats lee am sure you qualify to ADMIRAL :D

LOL

I've checked some 25hp on inflatable boats video all show them running them no problem this guy didn't bother with any transom strengthening admitidly his 25hp is a bit older and may not be giving the full 25hp but it might be :D the inflatable looks nothing special and I can't see anything to suggest it's a high end model, transom has similar tube fittings between transom and tubes as mine :D I'm hoping for around 30 plus kph ;)

Second video shows a slightly bigger boat and a full power 25hp I think lol, neither seem to have flipping risks.

That second video....he took of like a bat out’a hell lol. Plenty of speed and as you say they don’t look like they will flip.

I think the 25 will be fine mark, I've had an 18 on similar boats many years so and they were old boats lol they held up fine. The general unwriten rule is you can double the max power HP rating and add a further third to half over the max outboard weight rating so I'm roughly in those figures :whistle: thing is mark a 15hp might do 20kph with one person but with 3-4 people it will do 7 lol I think I might be surprised and be getting only 15-20kph with 2 people and much less with 3-4

Large drop in power with more people. Still a wouldn’t want to go to fast with more than 2 people in the boat. That’s just me right enough...a haven’t had much experience with them lol

Large drop in power with more people. Still a wouldn’t want to go to fast with more than 2 people in the boat. That’s just me right enough...a haven’t had much experience with them lol

About 10mph would be my max with 3-4 persons in standard mid range inflatable mark, high end model inflatables I'm ok with up to 20mph :eek:

25hp on the waveline will either go really really good or really really bad lol

Back