• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Waveline V hull inflatable boat re-fit

lee

Slightly Obsessed
started this today, josh wants the transom repainted from the dull standard grey to navy blue that will match the rubbing streak and ropes, with 2 rod holders, one for his flag and light pole, and the other to store tiller extension when it's not in use, also rear towing eyes, eye plates for securing kit and a fire extinguisher, I've stripped the transom off all standard fittings, filled a few small holes and digs, drilled all the holes for the new fittings and sanded it down ready for painting, it should be painted today, lacquered tomo and fittings fitted Thursday ready for use the weekend ;)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Sounds like it will look nice. Looking forward to the finish :thumbsup:

:eek::eek::eek: The Peugeot Royal Blue hasn't given me the dark blue I wanted even after a few coats.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Back up to halfords. . . . Ford Ontario Blue is the right dark blue I wanted :rofl:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Made Josh's light and flag pole while I'm waiting for paint to dry. . . .

image.jpeg

boy is that lad lucky to have a father like you not meny fathers spend as much time with there kids

Done, turned out well, perfect blue colour match ;) Next project will be the speed boat starting in a few months.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks a lot better with the blue mate :thumbsup:

What kind of speedboat you going for lee?

Probably be a 1980's fletcher about 16ft if I'm doing a full restoration one, but their not very roomy when you 5 persons in board I'm but I'm concidering something newer and more modern that will only need a few personal mods and something with a front passenger/lounge deck.

1980's fletcher
image.jpeg

Around 2000 year Excel ;) ummmm gonna be hard one ;)

image.jpeg

I will most likely have a good few types over the next 20 plus years or so but will be finishing off with a 2 sleeper sport fishing boat.
I will probably start with a fletcher project to give josh some more marine engineering experience and when we've finished we will use it for family use for a season or two and then let him have that as his own boat, I wouldn't want to go again with another restoration so I would get the a front deck excel and keep that until Kelly and I retired and then get the sport fisher sleeper so we can go various uk and most probably Europe destinations, I will keep a pack down inflatable air rib for my cove explorations and when we don't want to get the big boat out, so for now it's the air ribs until December ;)

There nice mate:thumbsup: A think the one with the front lounge is a must. Plenty of lazy sun days on that one. Sounds like you have it all worked out lee. Wish you all the best. And a may be a little jealous :rofl:.

There nice mate:thumbsup: A think the one with the front lounge is a must. Plenty of lazy sun days on that one. Sounds like you have it all worked out lee. Wish you all the best. And a may be a little jealous :rofl:.

If you ever come down my way i will take you out fishing mate ;)

Cabin speed boats are around, might be an option before getting the sport fishing boat after the first project, would be handy to have sleeping area we could pop off to the sw coast or France for a night or two and a spot of dinner in port ;)

image.jpeg

Cabin speed boats are around, might be an option before getting the sport fishing boat after the first project, would be handy to have sleeping area we could pop off to the sw coast or France for a night or two and a spot of dinner in port ;)

View attachment 11363

Yeah now that's a must :thumbsup:

I do love watching these crazy overpowered boat videos, but they do show how dangerous overpowering a boat can be!

2.5 meter rib with a 30hp!

Not sure of the exact size of the rib in this video but it looks around 3-3.5 meters with a 55hp lol

And final this crazy guy in a 3 meter zodiac inflatable sitting at the stern on purpose for video dramatics with a 15hp.

Picked up a two stroke 25hp Mercury for the waveline V boat, I haven't gone over it properly yet but I did check the engine compression with the seller and both cylinders were 150psi! I was hoping for at least 120psi and with a possible difference between them but they were both bang on the same ;) with compression that high and the fact of no rust on the outside nuts and bolts etc this engine has had very little use although it's 25yrs old! The engine cowling and a few external parts do need re painting but that's no drama. And of course a full service. Very happy with this find :D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You did well to find that Lee, it looks like a very tidy engine

Will get it out in on the river on Saturday weather permitting ;)

Changed the impeller on the 25hp and gave it a good check over, couldn't find any faults :D I made an engine stand as it's a struggle to lift this one in the wheelie bin :alert:
The waveline has become somewhat of a drama as the distance between the top of the transom and the bottom of the planning tabs is 19 inches so when I used various short shafts that were between 15-17 inches the propellers was just in the water and caveating plus all the engines I tried rubbed on the middle section of the planning tabs the long shaft 25hp shaft is 22 inches from the top of the transom plate to the cavitation plate and its upper find also hit the tabs and would of cut through the the tabs in seconds so I've placed a board between the transom and the engine plus set the trim to number 2 pin the engine is vertical to the transom with these settings and now clears the middle section of the tabs so it should be fine, my only concern is will I have to much engine leg in the water. . . . If so the only answer will be to cut the middle of the transom down to 15 inches :eek: and go with a short shaft. I also fitted transom bolts at the top of the transom each side to hold the transom secure should the glue start to fail I only fitted one each side for now as I will see how much the transom is under load when I get it in the water. . . . All will be revealed Saturday, looking forward to getting this set up on the water but kelly is not lol ;)

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 210
Back