• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

We are ready for the summer, hello everyone!

Kdog1989

Slightly Talkative
Hi everyone,
Keen to introduce myself and explain why I have joined this forum as i never join forums!
Me and my partner love the outdoors and camping and now have a little boy to share these awesome experiences with, so..........
On a tight budget we brought a 5m bell tent as last summer we realised that our little tent just didnt have the space needed and I was pretty jealous seeing this lovely bell tent at a campsite.
So yeah our tight budget meant we would risk it for a biscuit and buy a tent that was ripped (previous owner lived in it for a year and it ripped during its third storm..... Damn you storm brian!) we did get a lovely woodburner included!
So after looking on websites and hearing a bit of negativity towards why we even brought a ripped tent I am joining and asking for advice and tips on how to go about fixing said tent, I dont want none of this hopeless unfixable business, its material, we are clever surely theres a way to fix it!
So im not sure how you go about it yet but will start a blog type play by play with or without advice so others can see if it can be done and how succesful the outcomes are!
Our first booked camping trip is in august so operation fix Billy Bell Tent is underway!
Thanks for reading,
Kat and family

Oh pics and more info will be coming soon just compiling some better photos, stay tuned!

Welcome ;)
Post up some pics of your tent and I'm sure folks will help out, in the mean time get and old sewing machine and be on the search elerts for another old bell tent or canvas ;)

Hi and welcome, pictures will help to see what and where the rip is, is it straight jagged, size etc, it might be a case of adapting the tear, turn it into something, a vent, window or stove jack for example ?

Hi kdog and family.

Great introduction.
Exciting and happy times ahead for you guys.
Hope the repair goes well on the bell tent.
Canvas can be bought on ebay for not much money.
Look forward to seeing the pictures and sharing in your family adventures later on.

Welcome.

Hi everyone,
Keen to introduce myself and explain why I have joined this forum as i never join forums!
Me and my partner love the outdoors and camping and now have a little boy to share these awesome experiences with, so..........
On a tight budget we brought a 5m bell tent as last summer we realised that our little tent just didnt have the space needed and I was pretty jealous seeing this lovely bell tent at a campsite.
So yeah our tight budget meant we would risk it for a biscuit and buy a tent that was ripped (previous owner lived in it for a year and it ripped during its third storm..... Damn you storm brian!) we did get a lovely woodburner included!
So after looking on websites and hearing a bit of negativity towards why we even brought a ripped tent I am joining and asking for advice and tips on how to go about fixing said tent, I dont want none of this hopeless unfixable business, its material, we are lever surely theres a way to fix it!
So im not sure how you go about it yet but will start a blog type play by play with or without advice so others can see if it can be done and how succesful the outcomes are!
Our first booked camping trip is in august so operation fix Billy Bell Tent is underway!
Thanks for reading,
Kat and family

Oh pics and more info will be coming soon just compiling some better photos, stay tuned!
:welcome:

Back