• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Weihrauch 100

sarfarm

Slightly Addicted
Well I have had the gun for a few weeks and find it very accurate and easy to operate,one thing I did not like was the massive air tank sticking out front.
I spoke to several people and the answer was to use the carbine tank although shot numbers are reduced,not worried about it dropping to about 50 as that is more than i shoot when out and I carry my 11 litre tank in the vehicle which takes about a minute to refill.
The next thing to try is to free float the barrel,which it seems target shooters often do,cant think it will make a lot of difference on a hunting gun but break barrels seem to work well like this.

Do it. Anything that interferes with a barrel's free oscillation is a Bad Thing. Also, as reservoir pressure and atmospheric conditions change, the reservoir will contract or expand fractionally, which can shift barrel alignment via the barrel band, hence affect zero.

I floated the barrel on my Coyote, and it made a huge difference. The barrel band was so tight that it was bending the barrel & reservoir towards each other with a fair amount of force. The barrel almost went "boing" when I finally removed the band. :eek:

Changed the rifle from an average shooter, with a wandering zero between sessions, into a tack-driver. :thumbsup:

Did the same on my .22LR, although this just involved shimming the action with rubber washers (old-style tap washers, in fact) to move the barrel out of contact with the stock. Improved its accuracy too.

Do it. Anything that interferes with a barrel's free oscillation is a Bad Thing. Also, as reservoir pressure and atmospheric conditions change, the reservoir will contract or expand fractionally, which can shift barrel alignment via the barrel band, hence affect zero.

I floated the barrel on my Coyote, and it made a huge difference. The barrel band was so tight that it was bending the barrel & reservoir towards each other with a fair amount of force. The barrel almost went "boing" when I finally removed the band. :eek:

Changed the rifle from an average shooter, with a wandering zero between sessions, into a tack-driver. :thumbsup:

Did the same on my .22LR, although this just involved shimming the action with rubber washers (old-style tap washers, in fact) to move the barrel out of contact with the stock. Improved its accuracy too.
When I got my HW100 back from Ratworks I noticed the O ring missing from the barrel band and queried it with them. They said it works better without it. Being an engineer and liking things fixed firm I put it back. After reading some reports like this I removed it and I think the gun is more accurate now. Every day is a school day.

O
Change the front fitting for the barrel to a full floating one about Ā£8 on flee bay.
Or remove the barrel band completely .
My 100 action is attached to the stock with the underside bolt only.
It comically accurate and consistent.
Just use a suitable nut to replace the barrel band so you can attach bi pod .

I have the A&M cylinder on my 100, better shot count and the handling is much better with the alloy cylinder. As mentioned before, ditch the barrel band, the hw barrel is sturdy enough without it.

Back