• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

welcome to the new forum

I think the Bushcraft bubble burst several years ago. The skills are very valid and can cross over into prepping/survivalism but its popularity is not what it was a few years ago IMHO; even the BushcraftUK site seems a lot quieter these days.

I think the Bushcraft bubble burst several years ago. The skills are very valid and can cross over into prepping/survivalism but its popularity is not what it was a few years ago IMHO; even the BushcraftUK site seems a lot quieter these days.

I would like to think that because the new site has such a vast array of subjects within it that it should attract quite a few new members from people who are interested in all things outdoorsy ! :)

I think that pretty much every aspect of bushcraft had been covered on numerous occasions Harry then of course those of us who are getting on in years are probably leaning more towards wild camping

A change needed to happen as bushcraft in its own rite has been sold out and down the river by a few well named seleb,s so to try and breath new life into the forum,s they were merged to try and bring my personal cost,s down to an affordable level ...;)...some time,s change is good it may take a bit of getting your heads around for the first few weeks but im sure you will soon see this new forum as home :thumbsup:

unfortunately to try and make this forum self financing the access to the VIP room has had to be raised to try and bring in enough to keep the forum running with out me having to pay all the bill,s again :cool:

if your not happy with donating the amount to gain access to the VIP room thats your choice ...

with that said i thank you all for the donations you have already made and hope we can build a better forum community for all to use :cool:

I understand where you are coming from as regards funding the forum is concerned but presumably you are still intending to fulfil your obligation to maintain donors access to the VIP section as well as discount codes etc for their paid duration. It’s fair enough to increase the level of donation you’re looking for but to try and apply it retrospectively is somewhat dodgy ground to put it mildly ;)

I understand where you are coming from as regards funding the forum is concerned but presumably you are still intending to fulfil your obligation to maintain donors access to the VIP section as well as discount codes etc for their paid duration. It’s fair enough to increase the level of donation you’re looking for but to try and apply it retrospectively is somewhat dodgy ground to put it mildly ;)
we can put any slant we want on it but put yourself in Matts shoes. the forum is for us so its only fair that we contribute to its upkeep. If Matt were a milionare (which he's not) I would agree with you but this was set up for us so we have two or possibly three choices, we pay, we choose not to pay or we leave,a simple choice

Just so that you have an official comment regarding this, the donor system is on my list of things to do, at the moment it only reflects the donations that were made previously so that we do not lose track of them. The level required to gain access to the VIP room needed to be increased immediately for new donations but unfortunately has temporarily lost access for some of the previous donors.

How to handle the transition to the new system without leaving previous donors out in the cold is yet to be discussed and put into motion, but you can be sure they have not been forgotten, it is most likely that previous donors will be given access for the remainder of their donation and any time lost also extended. We just have to work out the best way to put that into place while still continuing with the new system.

The donations are an essential part of keeping the site running and Matt is very grateful for every donation regardless of size, he is not about to turn his back on people, that would not be good for repeat donations :) There were quite a few things that needed addressing during and after the merger so everything was prioritised, we have made good progress and I expect the donation system to be in place by the end of the weekend, in the mean time if there was a particular discount code you needed access to, you could just send a private message to @Matt who would be glad to help.

In the mean time if anyone has lost their donor status or has any further questions regarding donations, feel free to send me a private message and I'll do what I can to help.

Back