• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Well blow me (not really)

Trampilot1

Extremely Addicted
Just passing the time of day and it occurred to me that's I've not been on here for a while.

Had a search round and I noted some of the "legends" of the site haven't returned. Anyway here is what is going on with me:

1. We moved to Herefordshire December 2020 to a lovely spot in a very small village. So small it has no pub, shop or school. This is a good thing.
2. I've not bought anymore guns. I did briefly have a Remington while my others were in storage. I'm now back to my full quota.
3. Clay shooting has recommenced after 2 years! @Manthing is Penkridge shoot still going? My Dad has retired pretty much but I've said I'd go and visit them once a month to make up for lost time so I can be around for a blast. I joined a local shoot here and did my first 50 birds. Ended up with 30/50. Not bad for being very rusty.
4. Our veg plot in year 1 was incredibly productive. Especially onions. Some of which were 8 inches in diameter.
5. The idiot dogs are older and greyer. Still idiots. Edward now sits on a chair when we have dinner.
6. My woodworking skills have improved having built a nice workbench and wood store.
7. I'm still annoyingly good with a springer :rolleyes:. 25m. 4x scope. 5 shots with a .22 97.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_134639 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210918_134639 (1).jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20210612_161636 (1).jpg
    IMG_20210612_161636 (1).jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 52
  • aaej9g.jpg
    aaej9g.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 44
Finally got tinternet then 🤣🤣🤣
Yes Penkridge is still going. 60 bird shoot only now, must have got fed up of people ripping them off.

1st July it all happened. Almost lost my job over it too.

Funnily enough a suitable job for Openreach appeared in my feed. I was almost tempted to apply, get to interview and give them both barrels while wasting their time for once!

I'll let you know when I'm around on a Sunday.

Back