• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What are these beans?

Gulfalan67

Very Addicted
Hi folks

My wifes beans have 'bean' a great success. The tropics suits them.

Like in the old story of Jack and his stalk, the seeds were of uncertain provenance. An old white-bearded bloke gave her a handful.

The plants have shot up within a couple of months and form an effective shade/screen for some water tanks. Some pods are over a foot long...

Anybody know what kind of beans they are? Its possible they are a tropical variety not grown in Europe.

My wife hasn't harvested any yet but I'm looking forward to some tasty meals when she does...Pics below

Cheers

Alan
20210818_104322.jpg
20210818_104339.jpg

Good old Google Al.......I would not have had a "Scooby Doo" otherwise....... to be honest :rofl:
Hope you get some tasty meals from them :thumbsup:

There Some size Alan, make a few tasty meals from them mate 👍🏻

I take it from the climate you stay in … most things will grow to larger proportions to us in the uk, just a guess right enough

daft question 🙋‍♂️ but I’m curious, are the beans the same colour as their casing?

We
There Some size Alan, make a few tasty meals from them mate 👍🏻

I take it from the climate you stay in … most things will grow to larger proportions to us in the uk, just a guess right enough

daft question 🙋‍♂️ but I’m curious, are the beans the same colour as their casing?
Just ate the beans in an Asian stir fry. Delicious! In answer to your question the beans were actually white inside their long pods. Not stringy at all!

Alan

Hi folks

My wifes beans have 'bean' a great success. The tropics suits them.

Like in the old story of Jack and his stalk, the seeds were of uncertain provenance. An old white-bearded bloke gave her a handful.

The plants have shot up within a couple of months and form an effective shade/screen for some water tanks. Some pods are over a foot long...

Anybody know what kind of beans they are? Its possible they are a tropical variety not grown in Europe.

My wife hasn't harvested any yet but I'm looking forward to some tasty meals when she does...Pics below

Cheers

AlanView attachment 38897View attachment 38898
Those are what is known as Snake Beans Mike ,quite common in Thailand

Back