• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

what chicken would you eat/buy ???

Which one??

• Total voters

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
just a question to get you thinking, what is best/worst. washed or not or munched carrots?

Buy some heavy Cornish and raise them yourself, free range. I will not buy chlorinated chicken from the US or (should they ever try to export them to us) scrawny Chinese chickens with their poor welfare standards....nor do I intend to go veggie.
I am an advocate of eating less meat but of a far higher quality and welfare standard from small British producers that give the meat provenance. If possible using local produce sold through local butchers.

Last edited:
There are also game dealers in the UK where you may be able to buy rabbit, feral wild boar, venison etc. If you specify that you want wild meat then it also lessens the environmental impact of your diet.

deep fried spicy tofu ... yum!

deep-fried-spicy-tofu.png

i've been vegetarian since 1997 -- more or less a pre-nup agreement with the Mrs -- and never looked back. well, maybe a glance back now and then, but no relapses which is probably for the best. ;)

I eat quite a lot of veggie food (although I am definitely not interested in becoming an actual vegetarian) which I really enjoy; where vegetarian food for me falls down is when it tries to pretend it’s meat! A vegetarian chilli made with a mix of beans and pulses can be every bit as tasty as one made with minced beef but I view pretend sausages as utterly pointless.

In keeping with Ystranc’s position I think as a whole we should aim to eat less meat but of higher quality. I know that compared to many I’m lucky in that I can afford to make that choice so it’s one I make.

yeah the whole "fake this" and "fake that" thing in veg cuisine is pretty much a pointless wank. there are a few Asian techniques with glutten that produce some fairly interesting results in terms of texture etc but afaik it wasn't until they hit Western shores that they got labelled "mock beef" or whatever. forget it, is it good food or not? if it's crap tasting then calling it "faux turkey" etc is not going to make it any better.

i've been vegetarian since 1997 -- more or less a pre-nup agreement with the Mrs -- and never looked back. well, maybe a glance back now and then, but no relapses which is probably for the best. ;)
Fair play to you Teef, its not going to do you any harm. Do you do fish at all ??? I've not got into tofu but I do like paneer. I'm more along the lines of 38, I always say I could be a veggie any day of the week, just not every day (although I have a sea a few times).

Back