• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What Did You Get?

I love camo gear, I've got lots of camo jackets and 3 pairs of combat trousers. its normal working gear where I live.
my main problem is getting the size- well I am 3XLFB( 3 extra large fat bastard)!!!
About the same size as me...surely we weren’t separated at birth?

I have been blamed of being a fashionable man lol.

In all honesty I would rather walk in the forest in clothes I have been wearing for a few days than walk down the street in clothes that make me look good. It’s not my fault I make everything look good so am lucky that way;):rofl:

l would look silly in camo gear! l'll stick to jumper and leggings at home, jumper and trousers when out in public. lf it's really hot l might even wear a t shirt instead of a jumper. What l wear also depends on what other people (my sister and sons) no longer want. My mother also tries to give me her cast offs but she's twice my size so that doesn't work.

I never had siblings so no hand me downs and I soon outgrew my mother and father although I once owned my grandfathers overcoat, I cant remember what happened to that I expect I outgrew it.

How does that saying go, "clothes make the man"? When we first settled in New England from the Territory I had to go into the city to change my firearms licence over to a NSW one. Now I was straight out of the bush, I had changed into my best clothes (at that time). I was wearing homemade clothes, brown corduroy trousers, black shirt, long matching brown corduroy coat, a wide brimmed hat & riding boots. When I walked up to the desk in the police station, the chap behind the desk said to me "what do you want"! I told him. He grudgingly got the paperwork & started filling in the form. When he got to where I was living, I gave him the property name. He stopped writing but still looked at the page. Then he said "do you own this property?" still looking at the page, pen poised. I told him I did own the property. His tone changed. "Right sir, I will soon have this fixed for you".
Obviously in this case it was who or what I was that counted, I was a land owner. I have never forgotten that & as you can imagine I didn't think much of that officer behind the desk. It is my belief that everyone should be treated with respect, regardless of their position in life.
Keith.

My thoughts also. All people deserve respect in all walks of life....unless they do something to change ones views on them.

I had a somewhat of similar situation Keith but this time it was with a mechanic. I was talking to him about my car when a man pulled up in a Porsche got out the and the mechanic turned on the spot and walked away mid conversation. Left me standing like a right plonker. Last time I took my car there

In my view it’s not what one looks like that defines aman....it’s ones actions :thumbsup:

I never had siblings so no hand me downs and I soon outgrew my mother and father although I once owned my grandfathers overcoat, I cant remember what happened to that I expect I outgrew it.
Blimey....we’re leading parallel lives! No siblings & I inherited a Grandfather’s overcoat.

I wish I had inherited my Fathers overcoat, it was given to him as a gift from Eric Coates, composer of "The Dam Busters". A lovely coat. I came to Australia carrying Mr Coats' leather suitcase. Sadly it was destroyed in cyclone Tracey Xmas 1974.
Keith.

I wish I had inherited my Fathers overcoat, it was given to him as a gift from Eric Coates, composer of "The Dam Busters". A lovely coat. I came to Australia carrying Mr Coats' leather suitcase. Sadly it was destroyed in cyclone Tracey Xmas 1974.
Keith.
My Grandfather’s coat was a John Motson style sheepskin job, lovely & warm.

How does that saying go, "clothes make the man"? When we first settled in New England from the Territory I had to go into the city to change my firearms licence over to a NSW one. Now I was straight out of the bush, I had changed into my best clothes (at that time). I was wearing homemade clothes, brown corduroy trousers, black shirt, long matching brown corduroy coat, a wide brimmed hat & riding boots. When I walked up to the desk in the police station, the chap behind the desk said to me "what do you want"! I told him. He grudgingly got the paperwork & started filling in the form. When he got to where I was living, I gave him the property name. He stopped writing but still looked at the page. Then he said "do you own this property?" still looking at the page, pen poised. I told him I did own the property. His tone changed. "Right sir, I will soon have this fixed for you".
Obviously in this case it was who or what I was that counted, I was a land owner. I have never forgotten that & as you can imagine I didn't think much of that officer behind the desk. It is my belief that everyone should be treated with respect, regardless of their position in life.
Keith.
Reminds me of something l read a few years back. lt was an experiment to see whether clothes made a difference. A scruffily dressed woman went into various estate agents asking for details of £1,000,000 houses. Only one was willing to oblige and they said it didn't matter what people wore, that didn't show how well off they were.
Sometimes it's not what you wear but your gender that counts, as a friend of mine discovered. She hit a patch of black ice, causing her to slide downhill, hitting a raised kerb. She wasn't hurt but her car was and she took it into a branch of a well known garage. The man behind the counter said to her, "Being over-confident, were we?" She turned to the large, tattooed man behind her and asked, "Would he have said that to you?"

Back