• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What do you eat ?

I need my potatoes. So it's usually a mix of potatoes and pasta or potatoes and rice. I add an onion and some garlic as well. This is my basic lunch. Sometimes I get a bit of meat or fish as well.

Cant beat a baked spud from the campfire :thumbsup:
Rice is always good to bulk up a meal........not at all keen on pasta personally......although I will eat the odd pot noodle.:thumbsup:

Don't you eat bread in Britain???

I usually eat bread, cheese, dry sausages, nuts, chocolate on a trip. Water, coffee or tea on top.

I never would carry tins with me in the rucksack.

Too much to choose from. If its just a day out something simple like a baguette stuffed with ham/cheese/salami, with a tub of pickles and maybe a Thermos of tea or coffee. I often don't bother cooking on a day out unless its winter.

Yes....sometimes you don't want or need to cook when out.
Sandwich-wise I like a nice fresh crusty uncut loaf and make egg sarnies loads of salt and pepper.
Or.....Mature cheddar and some Branston Pickle................hungry now :D:rolleyes:

Day wanderings it's usually sarnies, meat of some kind, often Corned Beef and mustard...:D Camping is nearly always Rat Pack meals, as an old oppo can usually scrounge some for me, and...more importantly...they're easy to heat up. My attempts at 'cooking' proper meals whether in the wood or at home often end in strange inedible gunges that look as if they've leaked from a wounded Zombie. Ah! forgot..tea! loads and loads of tea. :D

Last edited:
If I'm fishing or shooting I only take a snack, choccy bar or something, but more water-juice. Regularly I take nothing I just make sure I have a good breakfast and wait till evening to eat.

For a day trip?.....just water in summer, in winter I'll carry a small pack of sandwiches, chocolate and small flask of soup or coffee but I'm not a big eater through the day. Massive breakfasts and huge dinners are my thing but I tend to skip lunch.

Loads of tea?
That seems to be very british.

It is Erbswurst, although in recent years it seems to have become fashionable in England to be seen wandering around in the street clutching cardboard cups of extremely expensive coffee, but tea is still popular I believe..:)

In civvie street I've turned my meal habits around, breakfast is light and healthy (apart from a weekend full English), lunch is my main big meal of the day and a light dinner at night...very Spanish LOL

I still do a lot of bending and lifting as part of my working day so a big lunch would really cramp my style, so to speak...I'm also a bit of a lightweight these days when it comes to alcohol. I used to drink a helluva lot but these days I can cheerfully go months between alcoholic drinks.

It's Roe Buck season so hopefully this:whistle:
roe deer.jpg

Back