• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What Is On Your Wish List ?

What are you doing with the additional 50 cm ??? . .:confused:

If you are meaning why do I not buy the 3m x 3m multi-cam tarp instead it is because I already have one that size in green.

This tarp would not be part of a lightweight set-up but it would be used in areas where I might need to be a bit more discreet.

This size tarp (3.5m x 3.5m) does give you 33% more cover & is only £10 more.

For my lightweight set-up I would probably be looking at the DD Superlight range or the Decathlon tarp you mentioned. :thumbsup:

I hope this explains why I intend to buy one my friend but as always I am happy to hear any suggestions you have as your knowledge & opinions are greatly appreciated. :)

I have been known to treat the tops of my boots belt line and cuffs of my trousers with permethrin to dissuade ticks but my number one insect enemy are horse flys. For mosquitos and midges you can just net up but horseflys will bite right through your clothing. They seem to prefer me as a staple food group and they damn well hurt!
Never seen a Tick, nor been bitten by one, you lot live in some strange areas:whistle:

Never seen a Tick, nor been bitten by one, you lot live in some strange areas:whistle:
I think they are more numerous down here in the South Boogie especially up on the south downs and the new forest and they can be quite large. I comparison the tics we found at last years summer meet were tiny little things

I think they are more numerous down here in the South Boogie especially up on the south downs and the new forest and they can be quite large. I comparison the tics we found at last years summer meet were tiny little things
This is what happens when you visit foreign countries old boy, you come back with all sorts of stuff:whistle:

So then boys & girls with the better weather just around the corner what new kit have you got your eyes on ? :)

Well, I've always coveted the Robens Fairbanks tent, but could never afford one even second hand.....it's not like I needed another tent, and equally, I detest Sports Direct.............but, I came across a reseller on ebay, and for £179, I did recently buy a Gelert Navajo 4 tent............erm........:whistle:

Back