• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

what knife

The A Wrights 4inch broad stag is a cracking looking knife, there all nice looking.... I think the next knife I will have, will be homemade, been threatening to do it for a few years now

Reactions: Bam
If I am going sea fishing, then the Mora in stainless, on the Deer or Rabbits, then the Mora in carbon. Butchering will be whatever Mora comes to hand, so the Mora it is, for sheer value for money they cannot be beaten in my humble.

But here is the BUT! But if I am in camp on my permission, the first thing I clip on is my Esee 6, then around my neck goes my Izula, and I am regularly using both. Easy to sharpen in carbon, and frighteningly sharp, they are a great workhorse, and they are used as such. I got both Esee knives from the States, and paid less for both than you pay for the 6 over here, including duty.

I literally spent months looking at knives, watching and reading reviews, speaking to people etc, before deciding on the Esee 6, and six months in, I am glad I did, I can’t fault it............Lifetime warranty to. 👍😀

When I can I use this fallkniven A1
65A378DA-8407-4828-B0B8-79200E081C5C.jpeg

Or if I’m just out for a walk at the forest or down buy the river I use this ,buck folder
619C0843-8C16-4035-B6FB-31DB0DE961A5.jpeg

I think I've decided to get one of the A Wrights bushcraft knives with the basic hardwood handle. I'll probably continue to use the cheap ones but I'm starting to feel like the poor cousin when I look at some of the blades that you guys carry.

Might get a new one myself lol, drooling over the
Fallkniven taiga tf1 forester desert ironwood 🤔 or the F1 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not like I need a new knife, plenty of other gear I need to buy ...... I openly admit I have a problem 😬

Cheap and cheerful every time for me. If I had a really nice expensive one I would either break it or lose it!
I'm like you Dick, my Hultafors will perform just well and in some cases out perform all the blades I've seen on this post and it won't break

whats the best knife to use for bushcraft.... stainless or tool steal ?????
Most knives are carbon steel as a custom knife maker most of my knives are carbon steel but if your buying a knife for a purpose and pay a little more for quality the small amount of care to keep them good is minimal here's a bushcraft I did and the guy said its still looking good

Attachments

• 20210228_193312.jpg
    20210228_193312.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 73
  • 20210228_193237.jpg
    20210228_193237.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 70
Back