• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What other interests apart from guns/shooting?

johnbaz

Slightly Addicted
Hi all

What other things float your boat?

With me it's Watches, Bonsai, Guitars, Tools (Knives included) and things with lenses in!!

0utBOcj.jpg

8QY333o.jpg
wb5Qcvp.jpg

xsEzyV4.jpg
Lz356zp.jpg

ULO1zRt.jpg

ChqOTLB.jpg

Anyone else collect similar stuff or have another hobby?

John đź‘Ť

I also have a collection of vintage stationary engines that my twin brother and I started getting into when we were 6 years old. I used to show them at steam rallies but haven't been able to do any this year. I'll have to see if I can dig out any pics.

A few years ago I used to build Model boats (plank on frame) made by a company by the name of "Billings Boats"
Being a lover of boats....especially the older ones it was a pleasure to build them.
Sold the ones I made a while ago......still have one in the attic that I started and then put aside......."The Norske Love"........ a beautiful boat.

If you enjoy working with wood and model making they are worth a look and have kits to suit all skill levels :thumbsup:
Comes with full set of detailed plans....... and tips on building and excellent fittings........ (some solid brass)

Nothing better on cold dark winter nights when its pizzing down :)

A few years ago I used to build Model boats (plank on frame) made by a company by the name of "Billings Boats"
Being a lover of boats....especially the older ones it was a pleasure to build them.
Sold the ones I made a while ago......still have one in the attic that I started and then put aside......."The Norske Love"........ a beautiful boat.

If you enjoy working with wood and model making they are worth a look and have kits to suit all skill levels :thumbsup:
Comes with full set of detailed plans....... and tips on building and excellent fittings........ (some solid brass)

Nothing better on cold dark winter nights when its pizzing down :)

Hi Willie

I made this years ago from plans that were in a library book!

The plans were to make a 9" model, I doubles the sizes but made the mistake of making it from balsa wood, It needs a lead brick in the bottom to give it some displacement!!
It's languishing in the loft now!, When I made it, I tried it in the bath, It was way too quick for a flat bottomed tender and almost jumped out of the bath!!, Luckily I set a 1/8" brazing rod upfront which took the thump easily!!
mmqXGRs.jpg

A mate gave me four shopping bags full of the DeAgostini magazines with all the parts to make a 1 mtere long HMS Victory, I was going to have a go at it whilst off work with my new knee!, Your post just reminded me, Don't have time now as i'll be going back to work soon!! :(

This is what it looks like when some that knows what they're doing builds them!!
XONv4zn.jpg

gyxA9S1.jpg

HgXswek.jpg

Pretty sure it wouldn't look that good if I built it!! :confused:

John :)

Back