• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What other interests apart from guns/shooting?

Before the air rifles was the motor bikes, loved the local club racing the TT and the now Moto GP, was brought up on Woodbines n 2 stroke with me old man loved getting me knee down on the club circuits. Now the only time I get my knee down is begging to the wife.

I like knives also and used to collect them, I only have a few swords left now and a few knifes that I did t want to sell.
I am into Ww2 heavily and have literally hundreds of books on the subject.

my air guns are my fav hobby mind

Regards

Friend raced in British superbikes, world superbikes, and Moto GP so been following bike racing for many years live for the TT coverage and Irish road racing.
Also, have a friend who is a mechanic in BSB team who did a few seasons with a Kawasaki ZX10r team so I brought one been playing with it over lockdown de-cat fully flashed. has log box get real-time O2 data for tuning fuel with autotune feature on a laptop with logged data
read up watch load youtube videos the just brought all bits fitted them flashed the ECU
love it is crazy fast and hoots of fun to ride
0f6be34c-70ec-4114-9028-08ff1460b2fe.jpg

It's still possible... ;)
Long story short. Immediately the referendum result was announced daughter-in-law had the EU funding for her academia research project removed. She was intending to base herself in France for the project then stay there. We'd join at that stage.

So what your saying is that the uk is expected to continue with its funding for eu projects it had already committed to ie the divorce bill, but the eu stopped its funding for things in the uk that it had committed to immediately.
That's strange.
But we don't do brexit here so just keep that to yourself mucka. šŸ‘
Let's say no more about it. šŸ˜

The bike and the racing sim are both going soooooo bloody fast I'd already be dead. Oh :poo:
Yep bike is not for the faint-hearted once it passes 9k your seemly extremely fast bike turns into an absolute animal 108mph in 1st you really need to hold on and bang through rest gears as there is only 500rpm between 2nd gear and up gear up :)
Is a pussy cat in 6th at 40 to 70mph :D But brought it to scare the shit out myself with a huge grin ocasionly

A.C.T.C car trials / photography / R.C. planes mainly e .gliding nowadays and repairing all the bodges I carried out 45 years ago when I built my own house.

Too many hobbies, not enough hours in the day...
In no particular order...
Airguns / shooting (Obvs!)
Motorbikes (riding, mild fettling)
Cars (driving, mild fettling)
Fishing (Fly)
Model building (Airfix / Lego)
Cycling / Walking
DIY / Gardening
Watching TV / Films
Listening to Music
Reading (various)
Travel / eating out in nice restaurants
Previous hobbies, but not done them for a while, but may try them again at some point:
Squash / Badminton
Drawing / Painting
RC cars and planes
Golf
Fishing (Coarse)
Photography

Too many hobbies, not enough hours in the day...
In no particular order...
Airguns / shooting (Obvs!)
Motorbikes (riding, mild fettling)
Cars (driving, mild fettling)
Fishing (Fly)
Model building (Airfix / Lego)
Cycling / Walking
DIY / Gardening
Watching TV / Films
Listening to Music
Reading (various)
Travel / eating out in nice restaurants
Previous hobbies, but not done them for a while, but may try them again at some point:
Squash / Badminton
Drawing / Painting
RC cars and planes
Golf
Fishing (Coarse)
Photography

Hi pjgtech

I used to go fishing loads years ago but then just stopped going for years- No idea why!

I'm going to start again, Got my old Lintek seat box out of the shed and it seems the roof had leaked straight in to it! There was two inches of water in the bottom and most of the stuff in there was ruined!

My fave two Mitchell 300 reels along with a 440 match that I bought new a few decades ago! :(
z39P9KC.jpg

Luckily I found a few more reels in the spare room, Then a few more in the loft!! :rofl:
s2IT1TU.jpg

Just need to find my nets now, My lad bought me a rubberised landing and keepney that are dry with one shake so, No stink after use like the old ones!, I think they were put up the loft, Never even used them!!

By the way, My lad goes fly fishing, I fancied a go years ago so I got some cheap tackle and my lad took me in to a field next to a golf course on my doorstep to teach me to cast!, Dog walkers kept asking if I caught anything!! :lol:

He had a few decent trout, This one was 8lbs, He put it back for someone else to get a thrill!
Aj8q3zt.jpg

I think this was 6 and 3/4lbs
fj62PJX.jpg

John :)

By the way, My lad goes fly fishing, I fancied a go years ago so I got some cheap tackle and my lad took me in to a field next to a golf course on my doorstep to teach me to cast!, Dog walkers kept asking if I caught anything!! :lol:

Standard reply to that is, "you're the fifth" :D

Back