• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What other interests apart from guns/shooting?

I have literally no idea what that means. o_O
The knee sliders are plastic pads that are Velcro'd to the knee part of the leather suit and acts as a protector when cornering and as such are usually covered in scratches from contact with the ground. These Hero marks are seen as a badge of "honor" by the non racing fraternity and can be highly prised as proof of ones hard riding ability. All absolute B******s and laughed at by the genuine racers who see them as a necessity not a BS add on. If you rode that hard on the road you would be asking for trouble and would almost certainly get caught out. I guess all sports / hobbies have the equivalent degree of copycat add-ons . I won't go on!!

I have literally no idea what that means. o_O

You are not a biker then. You have to be to know about stuff like chicken rings (the unworn outer edge of the tyre) and hero blobs (the bolts under the footpegs that touch down shortly before I used to land in the ditch :eek: ) I'm too old for all that now sold my 900 Hornet last year but I've still got a Lambretta in the shed.

You are not a biker then. You have to be to know about stuff like chicken rings (the unworn outer edge of the tyre) and hero blobs (the bolts under the footpegs that touch down shortly before I used to land in the ditch :eek: ) I'm too old for all that now sold my 900 Hornet last year but I've still got a Lambretta in the shed.
Which Lambretta is it?

The only time I get my knee down now is when I'm begging for something off her indoors, especially when Arthur Ritus comes calling.

I never used hero blobs as they were unheard of in my day,just felt for the ground with my feet. Used to wear boots out and sometimes the little toe if we got a bit too keen. I've still got a very old pair of boots complete with Duct Tape repair.

Which Lambretta is it?

1964 Li150. I've got some panels to paint to replace the ones on it. It is an Italian scooter.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 34
  • Lammy.jpg
    Lammy.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 33
1964 Li150. I've got some panels to paint to replace the ones on it. It is an Italian scooter.
looks well,before I got my Triumph I started looking for either a lammy or a T5 and it was cheaper to buy the Triumph.

Dragging up an old thread as I bought another guitar!!

This is 'Prototype 01' and made here in Sheffield!

It's a fabulous hand made acoustic, One of only two produced by the chap that made it!
pPsPWwZ.jpg

lAbl400.jpg

Kir6lcb.jpg

u4XzOtR.jpg

HBtUQwh.jpg

The guitar had been stored badly (Was found at a charity shop by the chap I bought it from) and suffered somewhat, The neck had a huge dip in the middle which adjusted out with the trussrod but the neck seems to have shrunk as the frets are sticking out down the edges and need dressing back as they're very sharp!

The top is bellying in too a little so may have to have the attentions of a luthier to correct, The tone is wonderful though, Those old discoloured strings were replaced straight away!!

I only paid £30 for it :eek:

John :)

Dragging up an old thread as I bought another guitar!!

This is 'Prototype 01' and made here in Sheffield!

It's a fabulous hand made acoustic, One of only two produced by the chap that made it!
pPsPWwZ.jpg

lAbl400.jpg

Kir6lcb.jpg

u4XzOtR.jpg

HBtUQwh.jpg

The guitar had been stored badly (Was found at a charity shop by the chap I bought it from) and suffered somewhat, The neck had a huge dip in the middle which adjusted out with the trussrod but the neck seems to have shrunk as the frets are sticking out down the edges and need dressing back as they're very sharp!

The top is bellying in too a little so may have to have the attentions of a luthier to correct, The tone is wonderful though, Those old discoloured strings were replaced straight away!!

I only paid £30 for it :eek:

John :)
Hi John, is that rosewood?

Adam

I used to know a lady called Jenny who had a place in the Byram arcade in Huddersfield, she makes and repairs guitars but she ain’t cheap.

Back