• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What Rucksac

Gazo

Slightly Obsessed
I will need a big Rucksac for the summer bushy meet, something big enough to get all my kit in.
What do you guys use recommend?
What size will I need? I have been looking at a 75L one on ebay.
It would need to be strong to carry everything needed.

And help tips, links etc would be great.

Funnily enough I was going to ask the same question. Cheers Steve;)

I threw away a 100L rucksack a couple of years ago, really wish I'd kept it now:(

Personally Id go for CIVVI versions as they are more comfortable and sit better on the back, most MOD ones are designed to sit high for use of webbing/belt order. Karrimor Do some really good cheapish bushy/mute coloured ones, id look on ebay too you can pick up a bargain or two due to the fly by night bushcrafters flogging all their shiney new kit lol, Cougar or Puma are good ones to look for on there ive a couple i use now, ive prob got a 45 saber lying around you can have if you really want a mili style one? the 2 sides you can get are just over 12ltrs a pop per side, surplus shops do those cheap as chips..
As I say id go CIVVI for comfort but its a matter of choice, if you just pull up in your motor and walk a few feet just get a 100ltr kit bag lol i some times do ;)

A rucksack is a very personal thing - what works for one may not be comfortable for another - perdominately due to build, load and individual traits such as gait or injuries etc .............

My sack usage is a PLCE and jet packs for bushcraft where I done plan to hike to far (although i did tab Hadrians wall with one last year with no problems) - for hiking I have a karrimor 65 litre (bobcat I think?>?) and then for day trips and general knocking about I will either use a single jet pack or the norwegian canvas sack but without the frame.

If I had to have just one sack I'd stick with the PLCE as its more adaptable and a sack I'm familiar with

ive been looking at what to get for the summer bushy too as my 25 litre isnt man enough or big enough, heres what im looking at...

these 2 arent bad for the prices
Highlander Forces 88 - Greenman Bushcraft

Trooper 85 OG Rucksack

this next one is very similar to the berghaus 100 litre, id love a genuine one but cant afford £180 yet. but this one is close enough for £100...
Olive Green 100 Ltr Bergan

haven't decided yet but i think it will be one of these 3 i get

A rucksack is a very personal thing - what works for one may not be comfortable for another - perdominately due to build, load and individual traits such as gait or injuries etc .............

My sack usage is a PLCE and jet packs for bushcraft where I done plan to hike to far (although i did tab Hadrians wall with one last year with no problems) - for hiking I have a karrimor 65 litre (bobcat I think?>?) and then for day trips and general knocking about I will either use a single jet pack or the norwegian canvas sack but without the frame.

If I had to have just one sack I'd stick with the PLCE as its more adaptable and a sack I'm familiar with

hadrians wall is a top visit on my must do lists as i am very avid roman freak;)

90% of my kit is military based as i think its made for the job,,,may not suit every soul but i think it suits my build and it's easy on the pocket :D and you get a lot for your money

ive been looking at what to get for the summer bushy too as my 25 litre isnt man enough or big enough, heres what im looking at...

these 2 arent bad for the prices
Highlander Forces 88 - Greenman Bushcraft

Trooper 85 OG Rucksack

this next one is very similar to the berghaus 100 litre, id love a genuine one but cant afford £180 yet. but this one is close enough for £100...
Olive Green 100 Ltr Bergan

haven't decided yet but i think it will be one of these 3 i get

Ive seen a couple of folks useing the Highlander Elliott it looked a good sack i must say...
True as Simon get what suits your pocket to start buddy, after all for mosts needs its not being carried massive distance any how, and its not about how gucci your kit is its about learning and having a lot of fun and being safe etc isnt it ;) keep a eye on Ebay they regularly pop up for good prices...

Elliott I'd echo JP there EBAY is a good place for PLCE hunting especially if you dont mind DPM as loads of folks are selling off these now they are all going over to the new Multi cam gear.

Stephenjames - I've done it twice now mate once from each direction and its a excellent walk mate - I'd happily do it a third time (in fact I just might end of the year) but I'd only do it from east to west in future as its a better more enjoyable walk that way.

very true lads, i've had my eye on ebay for a while, the right one hasn't cropped up at the right price yet but hopefully will soon. its my birthday in a few weeks too and i might be able to suck up to the misses to get me a genuine berghaus if im lucky ;)
tried one on for size in a shop the other week and loved it

I don't have a rucksack at the moment but looking for anything from a 75L up. I like to pack plenty of kit to feel comfortable and I am big enough to carry it :)

I did look in Field & Trek today but the biggest they had was a 50L for £29.99 which was reduced but it looked flimsy and I don't think it would have lasted too long.
So if anyone sees a decent sack over 75L at a good price please let me know.

Cheers Steve I have a few on watch on ebay just hope they carry half tonne as my gear is coming together now :)

Back