• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What Three Words App

If you balance it against needing medical attention very quickly it would be a fair trade off of your privacy. I use a chainsaw quite a lot and should I hurt myself I'd be glad of anything that would speed up my rescue.

Last edited:
:eek: But @Harry Palmer ..... I have 4 foil hats... one for each mother ship ;)

If it saves life’s and obviously it did.. then am all for it. If you have a phone then you can probably be traced anyway lol. It’s a better system than post codes imo

:eek: But @Harry Palmer ..... I have 4 foil hats... one for each mother ship ;)

If it saves life’s and obviously it did.. then am all for it. If you have a phone then you can probably be traced anyway lol. It’s a better system than post codes imo

Dialling on a mobile enables your area to be localised but this system speeds it up and speed saves lives, unless it’s outside a school!

To be fair it is a pretty handy system for dealing with people who are less than au fait with traditional lat/long coordinates. We were given a heads up about it at a sprayer operator cpd course last year as a way of getting emergency services to your location when off the beaten track and I know field trials guys and archeologists that we currently have working on the farm are using the system.
To me it seems like a gimicky version of gps but if it's easier and works for people that aren't used to grid references then any thing that could potentially help with determining your location has to be a good thing especially in an emergency :)

I’m a member of an alternative living group on Facebook; partially because I’m interested in some of the technology and partially because I find the arguments about who’s being the most alternative amusing (which I think makes me a borderline troll😯); some of the members are very concerned with the big brother connotation; without seemingly seeing the irony that they’ve declared their independence from “the man/grid” on Facebook, which is quite firmly owned by the same “man”.

I've passed this app on to chums and its on at least two other sites now :)

38, bit of derailment for you but well worth a watch

I’ve been a subscriber to “my self reliance” for a while and live watching his updates with a coffee. Not seen this one so will watch in stages.

Back