• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What would you say?

Yeah me to. Matter of time mate lol

Bit hypocritical of me because I haven't used it in years but if I could only use one stove (who would want to live in a world like that !!!!!) it would have to be the Trangia. It was my go to for the best part of 20 years.

Still trying to think of just 3.......

Bit hypocritical of me because I haven't used it in years but if I could only use one stove (who would want to live in a world like that !!!!!) it would have to be the Trangia. It was my go to for the best part of 20 years.

Still trying to think of just 3.......

My problems is.. I can’t see past the open fire idea. I love the hole process of it. From chopping the wood then lighting the fire straight through to cooking on it. Love making pot holders as well. Still I do have to think practically about it I suppose. The trangia dose look practical for less fuss

My problems is.. I can’t see past the open fire idea. I love the hole process of it. From chopping the wood then lighting the fire straight through to cooking on it. Love making pot holders as well. Still I do have to think practically about it I suppose. The trangia dose look practical for less fuss

Depending on where you're going, you can't always have a fire for a number of reasons so some sort of alternative is required.

Depending on where you're going, you can't always have a fire for a number of reasons so some sort of alternative is required.

Aye true mate. There’s a few places around here that it would be ideal for so it’s just a matter of time before I bite the bullet lol

Aye true mate. There’s a few places around here that it would be ideal for so it’s just a matter of time before I bite the bullet lol

To be fair, lots of options......

What do you use now, apart from an open fire.

Yellowstone portable fire pit (still an open fire right enough lol )
FBF4249A-70E7-4872-AEC1-CDCD2E47F808.jpeg

My preferred choice is this
24212129-227B-4A87-9A08-7705705CEC3A.jpeg

Attachments

• 582CEFCC-96D8-495D-8038-37B94C117655.jpeg
    582CEFCC-96D8-495D-8038-37B94C117655.jpeg
    568.3 KB · Views: 101
Lot to be said for it mate, enjoy my man & fire moments myself. Not much use hill walking or even if you're just wanting a brew etc. Depends on what you're doing I guess.

Lot to be said for it mate, enjoy my man & fire moments myself. Not much use hill walking or even if you're just wanting a brew etc. Depends on what you're doing I guess.

Can’t beat stew on an open fire as you probably know. As you said mucker not any good for hill walking or suck. This trangia is sounding more appealing lol . The more I think about it ..it would tie in with fishing also. Oh feck :whistle:

Back