• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Whats in your bag?

stephenjames213

Very Addicted
Come on then guys when out camping/bushy what do you take ?
If we all put up our full kit we can see what each of us takes and maybe help each other out....
i will start us off:

Basha (when going light)
Camp bed(unless i can make one)
Axe
Saw
Roll mat
Bed roll
Army flask with cup
Billy tins
x2 spare clothes
Army boots/DM'S
Strong twine
Para cord
Knife
x2 Small Torches
X2 Hats
Pad and Pencil
Compose
Gortex bivvy bag
Fire lighting kit
Karbines
Kfs
120ltr Bergen
Webbing
Trifle
Staple add ins for food

thats all i can think of at this time that i take , will add what i have forgot if i remember...

KIT LIST GENERIC

This list is designed to be built upon – spare clothing and such to be added dependant in climate, season and duration.

Packing List Bergen
Lid (inner/outer). – Wash kit – toilet paper – note book – housewife – cylumes - radio
L/Side pocket – Rations including plate and kfs. Folding cup, Double Hunter on belt complete with possibles pouch (First Aid, Space Blanket)
R/Side pocket – Hexi, DDR Mess kit, .5L Flask
Rear waterbottle pouch – 58 pattern bottle
Main Sack – warm jacket, Folding Mat, Sleeping bag, Polish tent.
Daysack 35litre snugpak – 58 pattern bottle – crusader cup and stove, saw, Poncho, Possibles Bag (orange dry bag – Axe stone, Cordage, Matches, Puritabs, 10 tea candles, Marker panel,) Wooden kuksa,
Outside sack – Axe/hatchet/tomahawk (if not carried)
Carry on person
M65 pockets – Snood, gloves, para cord, spoon, sweeteners, small folding cup
Trouser pockets – lighter/blade tech/whistle/fire steel, bandana – swiss army knife
Belt – Double hunter, possibles pouch

what flavor trifle do you take mate :p...and has it got 100s&1000s on it ???.just kidding guys couldnt resist...

ya I thought trifle was a strange thing - I guess he meant rifle??

Cheers mate - its refind over the years to meet my needs - has everything I need!! EXCEPT TRIFLE!! :(

I'm still getting my kit together but this is giving me some good ideas, thanks:)

Will let you know when I get a bag

But upto now I have

3m x 3m DD Tarp
bed roll
roll mat
DPM army poncho
folding saw
Mora Knife
Army Machete
1 small and 1 med LED torches
small LED tent light (home made)
fire steel
paracord 30m
soft strong cord 50m
small trowel
mess tins
KFS
SS mug type thingy :)
Alley water bottle
Army plastic water bottle that fits inside my mug thingy
basic first aid kit
small mirror
Fishing kit (if needed)

And of course things like food bog roll etc
oh and lots of sachet of brown and red sauce from the local cafe :)

Think thats it might have missed a few things

As I only really had a few goes at wild camping towards the end of summer / autumn last year and was hiking between in campsites the rest of the time, I'd say a lot of my kit is more geared to campsite camping. This is what I took with me...

... I hope you are sitting comfortably, it is a rather long list

Rucksac: Gelert Core 85 + 10
Main compartment:
Trangia 27 UL (with a fire steel, windproof matches and lighter inside the kettle)
Gelert Solo tent
Gelert ultralite self inflating mat (with a Poundland inflatable pillow and Mountain Warehouse sit mat rolled inside)
Halfords fleece blanket
Mountain Warehouse Swedish mess kit copy (with tea bags, coffee, powdered milk, sweeteners, 2 x plastic spork, folding metal spork and G I can opener inside)
Made up tent accessory kit (plastic mallet, peg puller, spare guy lines & runners, paracord, 10 spare pegs, elastic bands, a thin roll of gaffer tape, repair patches and seam sealer - sounds a lot but actually bit it all wrapped up small)
Poundland collapsible, reusable water carrier 10L
Poundland plate, cup and bowl
Poundland emergency shelter
Mountain Warehouse collapsible wash bowl 10L (with Life Venture clothes line inside)
Made up Wash Kit, Poundland wash bag, Life Venture soap leaves, shampoo leaves, dry wash and fabric wash, BCB folding toothbrush, single blade disposable razor, mini toothpaste and mini deodorant.
Spare clothes, usually pants, microfleece, short sleeve quick dry shirt, 2 x technical T shirt, 2 x long legged boxers, 2 x hiking socks, 1 pair of thick thermal socks (which I used to walk about in, in camp) thermal long johns and top.
Several Poundland kit bags
Food on the go, cupasoups, pasta snacks, super noodles, chocolate, chewy bars, mints
Water bladder 3L
Lid Outer
Hi-Viz rain cover
Gelert Emergency Poncho
Poundland Emergency blanket
Poundland light sticks x 2
First Aid Kit (Poundland pouch and contents plus scissors, micro porous tape, blister stick and plasters, field dressing and safety pins, savlon, paracetamol and multi vitamins)
Bog roll and wet wipes
Lid Inner
Maps and a waterproof case
Flat magnifying compass
Note pad and water proof pencil
Odd bits of paper I tend to pick up along the way
Right Bellows Pocket
Large Trangia fuel bottle
Hexi stove
Hexi Tabs
Small folding shovel
Left Bellows Pocket
Turbo Jet Lighter
Krypton lamp
Made up survival pouch, Poundland fishing gear pouch, Poundland fishing kit, BCB sewing kit, spare fire steel, Poundland survival whistle (whistle, compass, signalling mirror, dry compartment for more windproof matches) Poundland Swiss Army knife copy, small LED torch, tea light candles, Poundland light sticks x 2, BCB wire saw
Lidl lensatic compass
Wind up torch
Bottom Compartment
Gelert Tryfan sleeping bag
Mountain Warehouse microfibre towel
Top Loops
Waterproof jacket (with gloves, a head tube and a hat in the pockets)
Bottom Loops
Windproof fleece

It isn't over yet!

I also had a Day sack, a Mountain Warehouse 10L bike bag, strapped to the rucksack (for when I staying at one site for a couple of days and popped out for a wander) and in the day sack I had:
Water bladder 1L
Packable waterproof trousers and jacket
Gaiters
Another first aid kit
Another emergency blanket
Another emergency shelter
Another survival whistle
Another Swiss army style knife
Another small LED torch
More light sticks
A couple of kit bags
And some snacks for on the go.

Nearly there!

On my person, I had a slightly fancier survival whistle (which had the same as the Poundland ones, plus a built in light, thermometer and magnifying glass) a proper Swiss army knife and a couple of waterproof idiot pouches to put my phone, wallet and keys in.

All of the above might sound like a lot, but there was actually quite a bit of room to spare in both bags (although not quite enough room for the kitchen sink) and I've probably forgot stuff too.

This year I intend to camp out in the wild a lot more, so I'm in the process of cutting the amount of kit and refining the type of kit, I take out with me.

It's been fun so far :D

Back