• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

What’s your new year’s resolutions ??

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
That time of year again where we all convince ourselves to stop the bad habits 🤔

So what yous stopping or starting in the new year??

I’m keeping it simple this year!

Stop trying to stop smoking
Drink more
Switch to my left hand this year

And ! Get oot more 😁

Certainly, most definitely, must stop smoking Mark. I did 17 years ago and it was one of the best things I have ever done, you don’t realise how much of a slave you are to it, until you stop…….More importantly, do it for the kids. 👍

Don’t really do resolutions, but I do want a double figure Bass.

Happy new year mate.

I don't really do resolutions as I can't stick to them, but, I do want to try and get fit er this year, look after the body with a bit of TLC and get out more, a 2 nighter at least monthly for the year 👍

Certainly, most definitely, must stop smoking Mark. I did 17 years ago and it was one of the best things I have ever done, you don’t realise how much of a slave you are to it, until you stop…….More importantly, do it for the kids. 👍

Don’t really do resolutions, but I do want a double figure Bass.

Happy new year mate.

Definitely agree Mike …. It must be done sooner rather than later 👍🏻👍🏻

I thought this was quite funny. Not aimed at our group I hasten to add.
FB_IMG_1641033116451.jpg

I’ve thought very carefully (twice) before deciding to ignore your comment until you can manage to pack in smoking.

Ok I’ll try for this one, at least it’s more do-able than giving up alcohol or losing weight.
I've already given up the booze, maybe a tot of brandy occasionally but usually I'm happier with a cup of tea. I guess my main aim for the year is to attempt to wean myself off the pain killers

On a more serious note ! It’s on the cards Mike , it’s a must !
Best of luck with it. I found that changing my habits completely allowed me to cut out the cigarettes after rolling my own for more years than I care to remember. I just stopped, it is possible but it requires the right mindset. Rather than stopping for a smoke break I began working through.. I have no regrets.

Best of luck with it. I found that changing my habits completely allowed me to cut out the cigarettes after rolling my own for more years than I care to remember. I just stopped, it is possible but it requires the right mindset. Rather than stopping for a smoke break I began working through.. I have no regrets.

Cheers 👍🏻

Slowly but very steadily changing my mindset towards smoking Mike… no more trying… stopping and start is probably harming me more , I’m actually reading and watching videos on how harmful smoking is and telling my kids I’m getting read to stop so they keep at me (and they will🙄😂) all angles so to speak lol …

Cheers 👍🏻

Slowly but very steadily changing my mindset towards smoking Mike… no more trying… stopping and start is probably harming me more , I’m actually reading and watching videos on how harmful smoking is and telling my kids I’m getting read to stop so they keep at me (and they will🙄😂) all angles so to speak lol …
Once you really decide to do it then just do it, it’s all about mindset.

Back