• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

whats your thought,s guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt

Administrator
The bombing we seem to have got our self's involved with over the last 24 hrs ....

whats the implications ?

best guess repercussions ?

do we need to be concerned ?

Joecole

Staff member
The bombing we seem to have got our self's involved with over the last 24 hrs ....

whats the implications ?

best guess repercussions ?

do we need to be concerned ?
It will all come to nothing Matt, France UK and the US all warned Both Syria and Russia about the time of the strikes and locations. It was no more than a show of strength

Cheapshots

Extremely Talkative
Doesn't have to go nuclear for us to end up hauling ass back for Iraq mkII and I for one know I'll be pissed if that happens.

1 shot willie

Administrator
Staff member
Whatever happens.......IF it happens, we as individuals can do jack:poo: about it anyway.
Our destiny will be held in the hands of the governments.
People can get consumed with all the scenarios...........live life to the full and get on with it.

Do the best you can in adversity.....if it comes.....it comes.

Matt

Administrator
ok so its looking like we may have poked the bear a tad with this latest bombing :sad:

whats people,s thoughts on repercussions ?

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
The uk.....a possible delay on brexit

America....trump could lose face. Detrimental to his position

Or at worse case a violent retaliation

Cheapshots

Extremely Talkative
ok so its looking like we may have poked the bear a tad with this latest bombing :sad:

whats people,s thoughts on repercussions ?
Russia hiking up the price of Europe's natural gas supply and the Russian and Syrian governments targeting western backed rebel groups with punitive attacks are both potential responses.

MikeR

Slightly Addicted
UK and France and by association the rest of Europe are storing up trouble for the future. For some years Russia has threatened to cut gas supplies to Europe, but until recently had no other customer willing (and eager) to step in and absorb production. Gazprom now has a lucrative gas and oil contract with China and they are building a new pipeline to more efficiently deliver gas and oil to the Chinese.

Russia turns to China with landmark gas pipeline

Rathwulven BC

Extremely Talkative
My genuine opinion? Nothing will happen to us citizens of the First World. Europe will go on the way it went, we all will keep on enjoying the privileges we have based on our exploitation of other nations and people, and - here it comes - we will nevertheless be complaining about all the shortcomings we imagine so we have a reason to complain.

With all due respect to the victims of the bombings and with all the respect to people differing with my opinion and addressing it in a constructive way: Such proxy-wars only truly affect locals in the respective war zones. I spent my day out at the shore today, having a couple of beers. Physically, I did not experience any change. Also not throughout the last days. So no, we do not need to be concerned for now, after all, the killing happens elsewhere. So why bother? (Pardon the sarcasm)

What worries me more: Losing our humanistic ideals and our ethical consciousness as we trade it for a rather egocentric world view that has nothing to do with true compassion anymore. What do I mean by that? Well, remember that time of "Je suis Charlie"? The same day people died in France, Boko Haram murdered 2000 civilians in Africa. I am not comparing the amount of people dying here and there, but want to illustrate that we felt so shocked about happenings in close proximity (France) whereas we literally did not give a damn about what happened far, far away. If we ever heard about it in the first place. Even worse: Did we actually relate to those losing their loved ones? Or did we just think about ourselves and our egos? "What if this could happen to me?" Let's just reflect on this, what did we truly think and feel?

That kept in mind, back to the topic: The bombings happened, yes. But are we truly concerned about the people there? Or just projecting recent "political escalations", as they call it, upon us? Maybe thinking "What effect will this have on me?"

Please note that I am not judging but reflecting, there is no value judgement implied. That said, the bombings do not have an effect on me. Not today, and also not in the near future.

The geopolitical "games" that are up to come are a different matter, but I used enough space already and talking about "What if"-scenarios would be mere speculation anyway, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.