• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

When the lights go out lol

Ark79

Site Manager
Just had a power out for 2 hours, maybe a bit less , so it was light the candle and brave the weather out there (it’s very bad ) to the shed for the stove and tea is on 😁 love the camping gear, see Sharon (I said ) the gear comes in handy, must get more …..
BC38FFBF-D8C6-40C7-9FCC-5778DCE73F69.jpeg

Just had a power out for 2 hours, maybe a bit less , so it was light the candle and brave the weather out there (it’s very bad ) to the shed for the stove and tea is on 😁 love the camping gear, see Sharon (I said ) the gear comes in handy, must get more ….. View attachment 40620
lolol - nailed it!
I’ll show my other half and tell her, look how these people have survived disaster cos The Man was properly prepared.😆

Last night showed me that I have the right gear , however it was spread between drawers in the kitchen and shelf’s in the shed so a lights out bag for the house is required 😁 more gear to buy 😉😊

Last night showed me that I have the right gear , however it was spread between drawers in the kitchen and shelf’s in the shed so a lights out bag for the house is required 😁 more gear to buy 😉😊
I bought some of those heavy duty tote bins that shops use for deliveries (not the flimsy ones sold in local shops) and they live in the garage, filled with the essentials for short term power outages (alongside a couple of filled water jerries). If needs be I can throw them into the back of me truck if I had to move elsewhere.

Here’s an associated question - how many people that do prep have ……….. a WIND UP clock, as part of their back up kit? And how long before they become difficult to find or they are no longer made?!😦

We have wind up clocks but they’re not really part of our back up plan, they’re just old. Maybe we need to build a henge, that should remain reliable for the next couple of thousand years.

We have wind up clocks but they’re not really part of our back up plan, they’re just old. Maybe we need to build a henge, that should remain reliable for the next couple of thousand years.
Rather than hijack this thread I’ll post a new one. 🙂

Alternatively just a torch hanging by the door which you can use to find the other stuff!

Living out in the sticks we tend to have a lot of torches because there are few street lights and we get a lot of power cuts. Having said that I have pretty good night vision once I’m able to adjust to low light conditions and I know my around in the dark.

Interesting seeing media reporting of any incidents such as this in that they are looking for victims who are suffering; if they turn up at your door and you point out you’ve lived in the middle of nowhere where power cuts are a regular feature and you’ve got a box with candles, a camping stove and loads of simple to cook soups and tinned strews they’re not interested!

We’ve always got torches, candles (mostly scented!), a lot of different stoves in the house. If truly necessary we could all camp in front of the log burner.

You lot think you had it bad! I had to clear a leaf off the BBQ that had blown off the Palm Tree, I can’t cook the Prawns and steaks with that kind of inconvenience, the temperature absolutely plummeted down to below 20c 🥶🥶 I am even thinking of ditching the shorts…….You lot need to toughen up!

How about it Mark, are you up for building a henge where the trampoline once stood?

No mate it would just confuse the neighbours, last one that was built is surrounded in mythology and mystery ….. it’s a communal shite’r with a view 🤷🏼‍♂️

Alternatively just a torch hanging by the door which you can use to find the other stuff!

Now have three 38 before two …. One at each door….. but the kids knocked me down to one the other night as the wee lovely’s had been using it as a light sabre… force is strong with them 🤔

You lot think you had it bad! I had to clear a leaf off the BBQ that had blown off the Palm Tree, I can’t cook the Prawns and steaks with that kind of inconvenience, the temperature absolutely plummeted down to below 20c 🥶🥶 I am even thinking of ditching the shorts…….You lot need to toughen up!

The inconvenience of it all Mike, you keep the shorts on mate , power through 😂

Back