• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

When your out

Bushcraft Rob

Very Addicted
When i'm out it the woods I always light my first fire either by flint and steel, bow and drill, hand drill or a few more other methods to me its one way of keeping your hand in ? Also i'm not one for sitting around the fire chewing the fat and showing of newly bought kit. To me its prime time to learn new skills and improve on old ones, be it bow making, firing up the forge, green wood working, leather working and more. What do you get up to when your out ?

Forgot my chair when i went out :( what does a man do make another
chair.jpg

When i'm out it the woods I always light my first fire either by flint and steel, bow and drill, hand drill or a few more other methods to me its one way of keeping your hand in ? Also i'm not one for sitting around the fire chewing the fat and showing of newly bought kit. To me its prime time to learn new skills and improve on old ones, be it bow making, firing up the forge, green wood working, leather working and more. What do you get up to when your out ?
some of the above or if I have company then its often sharing knowledge

Indeed all part of the kit ;) but more than able to hew it out by axe, bore the holes with an auger then slot them out with a silky
An axe is defo a useful bit of kit but I'm thinking adze, I have a heavy old spade so I might try crafting one

I've never seen anything remotely like that Bob, it looks pretty old
No mate its newly made but yes an old tool its called a froe that one is used for splitting logs have another somewhere called a flag froe used for splitting chestnut shingles also has a sharpened hole in it to shape and sharpen the dowels to fix them

No mate its newly made but yes an old tool its called a froe that one is used for splitting logs have another somewhere called a flag froe used for splitting chestnut shingles also has a sharpened hole in it to shape and sharpen the dowels to fix them
I would guess you use almost lie a knife when batoning

Nice handle mate, it looks like a piece of ash. it would also work for spoons
Not really mate you'll take your fingers of :( for that you would use a mini scorp have a pic of mine somewhere, yes its ash and its called an inline scorp to be used when work is clamped up . If ya thinking of making an froe a leaf from a leafspring suspension old car

Back