• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

When your out

I carry the same equipment all the time, fires are always made with flint, steel & tinderbox. After the shelter & fire are set up I make a kettle hook. A kettle hook made from iron does not weigh much or take up much room, but it is just one of those things that I really don't need to carry.
Sometimes I explore the area & collect plant or fungi tinders as needed. Of course I have already collected the kindling & larger firewood to make the fire. If I am leaving camp, then I don't light the fire until I come back. I forage along the trail before making camp, so I may have already collected all I need.
Each day is a little different & what I do may depend on how long I am staying out.
Keith.

The summer meet here in the South is a great opportunity to try out all these skills. I personally like to sit around the fire and relax in the calm of the night with others discussing all areas of life. My kids as well loved to sit and whittle until the fading light.

I do try and learn a new skill every time I go out though as I have so much to still learn.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge and skills, it is always appreciated.

I enjoy a bit of purse net making while sat by the fire under the stars. It’s a great feeling catching rabbits in your own nets 👌

I enjoy a bit of purse net making while sat by the fire under the stars. It’s a great feeling catching rabbits in your own nets 👌
Indeed or eating ya tea from a spoon you carved from a bowl you made, making a bow and shooting an arrow down the range the tip made from a bit of flint you knapped out or something you made on the forge, the list is endless. Or like most I have crossed paths with have a few to many ciders talk a load of codswallop ( I was careful Bill ;) ) and do nothing ?

Indeed or eating ya tea from a spoon you carved from a bowl you made, making a bow and shooting an arrow down the range the tip made from a bit of flint you knapped out or something you made on the forge, the list is endless. Or like most I have crossed paths with have a few to many ciders talk a load of codswallop ( I was careful Bill ;) ) and do nothing ?

Don’t blame the cider bob:D

Mead (honey whisky) is good.... my dad gets some of his mate. Wow I thought my legs fell of. Messed me up a little but it was goo’ood ;)

Back