• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Where does it end 😕

Hi Mark.

Bloody sickening and frustrating reading that.

Must be even worse for you guys up there as its your home turf. :(
They should bring in heavy fines and make them stick.....make examples of the Pond Life doing this......name and shame.
Confiscate their bloody vans on the spot and let them get the train home.......bunch of muppets :mad::mad:

This is the reason that we need fines and policing!
The Scotish politicians And landowners are looking for any reason to ban wild camping and bring Scotland away from freedom to roam, and when you read stuff like this who can blame the landowners. Also people like us who appreciate the outdoors are drawn into the penalty’s because of what we like doing. Rattles my cage :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yup, I get the same annoyance being a cyclist who never jump red light, but I get the stick. Along with being a dog walker who always pick up deposit and bring to nearest bin and not hang it in a tree, but I get the stick.

It boils my p*ss when you come across this stuff, I've never seen anyone emptying their waste into a loch, its bad enough finding a load of tins, bottles and the remains of a fire that has been left. I can sort of understand (but not accept) that the fire remains have been left but all the litter ???? No, it should be a mandatory beating off a big lad.

There are stupid people everywhere, those who think the rules don't apply to them, or simply don't think at all.
Sad and depressing and all too familiar.:(
Oh they think all right......but you're spot on part of that is they THINK... the rules don't apply to them...….as far as the law (by which I'm referring to the judiciary) is concerned; there are no consequences...……...for them. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: Only for the rest of us.

It's not a problem confined to these Islands. If you watch Paul Kirtley's latest video on his Canadian wilderness travels, he finds rubbish dumped, I think it was 40 miles from the nearest habitation.

I was walking in Greece a few years ago. In a wildlife conservation area there were display boards with photographs of the various protected species, animals and birds. Every photo had been shot with a shotgun.
The problem is humans, or at least the defective members of the species.

As a land owner myself and former employee of land owners who had "difficulties" with travellers I think it could actually be a useful bit of legislation as long as it isn't missused.
My humble opinion is that Monbiot is a total prat who not only gets the wrong end of the stick but has to rant about it.
The last Monbiot article that I was compelled to comment on was equally as ill informed and one sided.

Last edited:
As a land owner myself and former employee of land owners who had "difficulties" with travellers I think it could actually be a useful bit of legislation as long as it isn't missused.
My humble opinion is that Monbiot is a total prat who not only gets the wrong end of the stick but has to rant about it.
The last Monbiot article that I was compelled to comment on was equally as ill informed and one sided.

I didn't finish the article as the tone didn't resonate with me either. I've also had a few encounters with the lovable travelling community and last summer was the first year we haven't had a single visit from them. Lets just say I'm not a fan.

Let Monbiot be robbed by them, verbally abused by them and then forced to clean up after them at his own expense just once in his life and I'm sure his sympathy would evaporate pretty quickly.

Back