• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Which gaiters

Forager

Slightly Addicted
Hi I’m looking to buy a pair of gaiters, preferably ones that are breathable but waterproof at the same time. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated or around the £40 mark.

Here's a pic. If you want them pm me an address. You have to fit your boot into them. I have waded through streams without getting my feet wet.
IMG_20200906_115602.jpg

fwiw my recent experience with gaiters tells me that going for goretex -- or some MVP (moisture vapour permeable) fabric -- is a good idea and much more than just a bit of geeking out gear-wise.
i bought a couple pair of gaiters a while back. the ones i like are waterproof but not MVP and i end up with a serious case of sweat-leg within an hour or so of putting the things on. outside conditions have to pretty moist to justify wearing the things.

I have two pairs, one is woodland DPM in Gortex and the other is ventile cotton. They're both good for stopping me getting wet or torn to shreds but the Gortex are still a bit sweaty even though they're meant to be breathable.

"ventile cotton", that's a new one on me. sounds like good stuff!
i must admit i'm surprised to have seen the amount of moisture that builds up, even with goretex apparently, under a pair of gaiters. who knew there was so much sweat etc coming off one's lower legs. :eek:

Back