• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Which one ???

Ark79

Site Manager
Just bought a stove and I’m really not up to much with what fuel to use ?? I know one is better in the winter but I’m not sure if it the propane or butane, or I should get the Colman mixture

what says yous ??

TRAKKER New CG-3 STOVE Carp fishing Camping Gas Stove - 211106 5060236147042 | eBay

Most the gas cylinders aimed at actual camping stoves are about a 30/70 propane/butane mix, you can buy special cold weather canisters that have a more propane focused fill but they’re aimed at winter mountain use.

with that type of remote stove you can negate some of the effects of the cold by insulating the gas bottle.

Aye Up Ark,

Ive just clicked on the link in your post.

The image in the Ebabe add shows that the stove has a generator tube over the burner.
Once it’s going that tube will heat up gas heading for the burner and vaporise it so it will hardly matter what the mix is.
In fact if you were using it in fairly low temps you could invert the canister (there are some aftermarket supports designed to hold the canister in that position) and liquid gas will flow to the generator and be vaporised again on the way to the burner. (Start the burner up canister upright and run it until things heat up then slowly turn the canister over. It may flare a little to begin with then settle down.

And not wanting to rain on your parade, keep an eye on the gas line connections for ‘gas tightness’ I’ve got a BRS multi fuel which looks similar (not much yen) and the seals all failed within 12 months. And most of that time i5 had been in storage!

Just noticed , the last image in that ad shows a different stove - no generator. Not sure which you’ve got?

Back