• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Which outdoor cutlery set

Forager

Slightly Addicted
Hi I need an outdoor knife, fork and spoon set but would like advice on which is best to purchase.

+1 on the long handled Ti utensils. i have fork and spoon, mostly because i've never really got on with the whole spork thing.
one great benefit i find to the long handled items is that they are great for tending the fire. bit of a wipe and you're back to your noms.
of course the Mrs wouldn't approve of such usage but there you go.
all that said i'm especially partial to hand carved wooden utensils. the spoon is not a problem, i've carved dozens, but i'm still trying to come up with a DIY wooden fork that isn't really just a piece of firewood in waiting.

I've tried all sorts, from the sporks to the army issue one's, at the moment in liking my humangear stuff, I have the duo which is a fork and spoon that clip together to make a spork and I'm also using the trio all good gear and almost unbreakable, supposedly.

Glad this post has popped up.......it is a timely reminder that I need to replace what I am using at the moment.
Which is a small foldaway handle set.....good idea at the time I thought......but in reality can be a pain in the arris when the handles repeatedly collapse during cooking or eating.......spreading.....also uncomfortable to use with protruding and sharp edges :rolleyes:
Been down the spork route and could not get on with that idea.
The long spoons are good for the boil in the bag meals......and stiring a small stew.

So.......going back to a more usable and conventional set to help enjoy a meal without all the faffing around.

Probably something on these lines......lightweight and strong.....comfortable to use.

A spork maybe....a long handled spoon thing....and maybe an Opinel for culinary duties?

I've tried all sorts, from the sporks to the army issue one's, at the moment in liking my humangear stuff, I have the duo which is a fork and spoon that clip together to make a spork and I'm also using the trio all good gear and almost unbreakable, supposedly.

I like this trip set and it's little case.:thumbsup:

I quite like that..................:evileye:....................cheque please!!

Last edited:
I was in Home Bargains the other day and picked up a 24 pack reusable, biodegradable and compostable cutlery set for 99p. Not flimsy but lightweight and eco friendly.
The have other products like plates and cups too. Bargain!

20210316_171626.jpg

It doesn't say @lol, just "Compostable & petroleum plastic free. Made of sustainable & renewable resources."

It just set me thinking...on any "boidegradable" plastics...wouldn't they just degrade into micro plastics like all other plastics....but faster?

Just to interrupt and get sensible and boring....sorry......the "HumanGear Trio"cutlery set arrived, and although I've happily got on with my Opinel, long titanium spoon, and spork, this does look a very capable and durable option. Good call, Bopdude!! :thumbsup:

Back