• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Which stove??

Ark79

Site Manager
I’m looking for some suggestions about a stove for when I’m out fishing, something that’s no nonsense lol very simple and stable to use with a frying pan or kettle , reasonably cheep’ish 😌...... all suggestions welcome 😁

I've made a careful analysis of all your previous kit buying posts Mark, and the results indicate that there really is only one stove that will meet your requirements..:thumbsup:
aga.jpg

Can't top that....

However, on the offchance I have 2 possibilities.

Sterno folding stove. I've had mine 10years or more and even though I have others, I keep going back to it for it's simplicity and versatility, I've used fuel gel, a trangia burner and popped a tin in to have a twig fire.

20190514_172351.jpg

Or my recent purchase if you want something more flash and expensive

Winnerwell Backpack Stove Stainless Steel

_dsc0023_1.jpg

Both are idiot proof and need no assembly, just open them up and both are big enough to safely have a frying pan or kettle on

Last edited:
Can't top that....

However, on the offchance I have 2 possibilities.

Sterno folding stove. I've had mine 10years or more and even though I have others, I keep going back to it for it's simplicity and versatility, I've used fuel gel, a trangia burner and popped a tin in to have a twig fire.

Or my recent purchase if you want something more flash and expensive

Winnerwell Backpack Stove Stainless Steel

Both are idiot proof and need no assembly, just open them up and both are big enough to safely have a frying pan or kettle on

Already got a fire box Annie I could use that to the same affect, I think lol....... looking more for a gas unit, normally use the portable gas stoves but I’m growing weary of it and it’s seen better days lol

Yes but you can pick them up much cheaper if you shop around.....what am I saying?, just use Sharon"s card...😉

She’s hid the blooming thing 🤷🏼‍♂️

not sure that would work inside the bivvy Mike, especially on top of the ground sheet

She’s hid the blooming thing 🤷🏼‍♂️

not sure that would work inside the bivvy Mike, especially on top of the ground sheet
I use one inside the back of the van and I've never had any bother....it's not even scorched the carpet.... just remember not to splash meths around before lighting it (or whatever it is you drink up there north of the border)
Edit; Never use a stove inside a tent or van, safety advice 101

• Haha
Reactions: Bam
Lots of that kind of low tripod stove around, let’s you keep gas remote which can be an advantage when it’s cold.

Only thing that’s a pain is you can be limited as to the minimum size of pan that can be supported, they don’t tend to work well with metal mugs as the supports are too far apart.

Back