• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Who is the best survilalist

I reckon we could all survive in our own area because we know it and know the resources, or we should!
its when you take someone out of their area you see who could survive or not.
Exactly Paul oh and good morning

good morning.
I was thinking about maybe someone stranded miles from home, trying to get back with just what they had with them, a prepared person would have a minimal GHB, they would be walking through maybe unknown or at least unfamiliar areas not knowing what was available or what was not.

good morning.
I was thinking about maybe someone stranded miles from home, trying to get back with just what they had with them, a prepared person would have a minimal GHB, they would be walking through maybe unknown or at least unfamiliar areas not knowing what was available or what was not.
I think in a temperant climate like ours the flora and fauna are pretty consistent across the board mate so theoretically we should de OK. The problems would arise on the vast continents where civilization becomes more shattered and the flaura and fauna more diverse

This is where reading and learning about diff climates helps and guides ya on different climates

Lol OK OK I'll take your cape off and give ya Scyth back bill :ninja::rofl::rofl::rofl: was onlt trying it on for size

I've got one, haven't had the opportunity to try it out yet, if anyone wants one I might sell it on.

I tried using one theirs a definite art to using one getting the swing right not much good if ya have a bad back

One thing with Ray mears is his vast knowledge of edible wild plants so I guess that puts him ahead in a true survival suitiation.

One thing with Ray mears is his vast knowledge of edible wild plants so I guess that puts him ahead in a true survival suitiation.
I agree but to quote Lofty Wiseman " Ray Mears wouldn't survive in Tescos " not something I agree with but all the TV survivalists are guided by local experts

Yes I remember the early 1990's Ray mears shows (one of his survival series currently running on the travel channel) where he travel to other countries meeting survival instructors which I think lead him or was a part of him instructing the uk armed forces and don't forget of all the people on offer the police used Ray mears to tracking Roal moat and no doubt lots of other fugitives on the run before and since moat.

Back