• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Why do kids not bundle up during the cold/wet weather?

Scots Squid

Slightly Talkative
I was picking my little girl up from school earlier today and this topic came into my head because I saw lots of kids come out of the school with jackets wide open and some girls even wearing skirts despite it pouring down with rain.

My daughter will only wear skirts during the warm summer, as soon as it gets to the beginning of September, she automatically puts on her trousers and her school jumper. When it's raining she likes to wear her wellie boots so she can splash about in puddles. She also automatically puts her jacket on then puts the hood up but she needs reminded to come to me so I can zip it up.

Kids always know when its time to wrap up , its only us old gits who wrap up like an eskimo when a tee shirt will suffice

I think it's a fashion / don't want to get noticed thing with kids, got to be seen to be 'hard' lol I'll take cosy warm thank you.

This my grandson in the forest.....but coming out of school he often looks like he's been dragged through a hedge backwards.... Oooh to be young again 😫👍👍👍

Attachments

• IMG_20190211_104253.jpg
    IMG_20190211_104253.jpg
    607.5 KB · Views: 70
Back