• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Why Would You Communicate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime

Very Addicted
More of an open ended question and I'm sure a few people here arn't going to see the value in the question ;) , but in a long post fall event for what reasons and methods would you choose and find to communicate with others?

I'm talking long term complete fall of society.

why? and with whom? possibly the last thing I want to do post collapse is to give away my location.

why? and with whom? possibly the last thing I want to do post collapse is to give away my location.

Ok , Lets go along with a scenario where You or your lovely wife LW have had a mishap or fallen exceptionally ill for some reason. The able person lacks the knowledge , skills and experience to diagnose or treat the ailment or injury.

Your wife has taken to the bed for the last few days , delirious with fever and is now hacking up blood in her sputum.

you are assuming there is some medical person somewhere or other? I suppose. cant guarantee that will be the case.
any medical intervention may be many miles away or simply not exist.

you are assuming there is some medical person somewhere or other? I suppose. cant guarantee that will be the case.
any medical intervention may be many miles away or simply not exist.

And you're assuming there isn't because you are acting in an Isolationist manner.

post collapse there seems to be this assumption that all the professionals one might desire will be there to join ones "happy little team", well I've got news for some, these people are all mortal too and seeing as most will be in or around the big cities they probably wont survive, even if they do they will be many miles with no transport systems away from any so called "community", they might as well be on the moon for all the good it'd do.
post collapse we will be on our own, might be good for some to realise that.
self reliance is where its at, not something that is common these days.
many people will assume, wrongly, that help is coming, I am not.

Last edited:
Firstly , you do realise you don't have to use " " quotation marks on everything? They tend to be only used when one is quoting someone. So "Happy little Team" would still be happy little team , and "community" would still be community.

Ref your actual comments Communication is what it is an can be used for a series of information transferal.

You know I get it , seem intent a life altering event is coming soon for everyone and as soon as it does you are going to ground with those you love and will stay unfound in your little clique.

For others , those that also survive , they may take a different broader view on it - they may choose to communicate with others to rebuild and restrengthen what is left.

And although help may not be coming it doesn't stop us from helping each other.

See if you can get your head around the concept.

if there are any other survivors in your location that is, I live in a fairly remote, low population, area of the country, most out of towners would call it the middle of nowhere.so the distance to another group may be many miles many days travel, if one can get a signal to another group, IF they are in range and IF they have a medical person in their group one may be able to get some verbal advice over the radio, but that's probably the extent of any help- and its a big if, actual physical presence of some medic may be many years into the future, if at all.
it is a fact, well known in this area, that in the event of a really serious catastrophe, anyone living in this area will be on their own in terms of any outside help, this is a given thing if one lives in this part of the country, so self reliance would be self preservation should collapse occur.

Last edited:
if there are any other survivors in your location that is, I live in a fairly remote, low population, area of the country, most out of towners would call it the middle of nowhere.so the distance to another group may be many miles many days travel, if one can get a signal to another group, IF they are in range and IF they have a medical person in their group one may be able to get some verbal advice over the radio, but that's probably the extent of any help- and its a big if, actual physical presence of some medic may be many years into the future, if at all.
it is a fact, well known in this area, that in the event of a really serious catastrophe, anyone living in this area will be on their own in terms of any outside help, this is a given thing if one lives in this part of the country, so self reliance would be self preservation should collapse occur.

Then if that is the case I do hope You and your good lady Wife have more than basic medical skills to assist each other if required.

Take the remote places...Alaska were you are alone and live with total self reliance were medical help stated befor....as well be on the moon....still require some form of contact through radio for help and comfort and is welcomed by the most hard core of preper/survivalist... why is it so welcom??? Because it's a good idea and saves life's and makes the loneliest of people feel less lonely

Me personally...communicate if possible it will offer help of all sorts........yes there are risks just like with everything

It all depends on the survival rate in our respective areas.
I think there is this assumption that most of the people alive today will be alive post collapse, which definitely wont be the case. and not all groups will have a radio capable of transmitting messages.

Last edited:
Thats one way to look at it lone....I have a much broader view on things than that

I know that mate, i tend to work along the lines of worst case scenario, if i cover for the worst if its less than I've still got the bases covered.

It all depends on the survival rate in our respective areas.
I think there is this assumption that most of the people alive today will be alive post collapse, which definitely wont be the case. and not all groups will have a radio capable of transmitting messages.

Based on what hard evidence?

Maybe the means to communicate are for other reasons as well.

Based on what hard evidence?
because without imports and fuel to transport them the UK will be unable to feed 65 million people from its own resources. I would put the link but I cant be bothered.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back