• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wild Dartmoor solo camp

Peags

Quite Talkative
Boiling hot on Dartmoor but a good time was had and it was bliss.slept well.had food bag stolen at night by some animal took all my snacks lol.very clear stream water as well.treated with steri tabs.

Attachments

• IMG_20180420_150136.jpg
    IMG_20180420_150136.jpg
    555.6 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_20180420_190947.jpg
    IMG_20180420_190947.jpg
    370.2 KB · Views: 217
  • IMG_20180420_161929.jpg
    IMG_20180420_161929.jpg
    445.8 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_20180420_150141.jpg
    IMG_20180420_150141.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 232
Boiling hot on Dartmoor but a good time was had and it was bliss.slept well.had food bag stolen at night by some animal took all my snacks lol.very clear stream water as well.treated with steri tabs.

Looks great ! :thumbsup:

Nice spot.

Glad you had a good time. :cool:

Cheeky animal obviously has a sweet tooth. (It was probably oneshotwillie) :D

I might p.m you for that location as living in Plymouth it will be easy for me ( And friends) to get too. :thumbsup:

All the best,

Kneef :)

Looks great ! :thumbsup:

Nice spot.

Glad you had a good time. :cool:

Cheeky animal obviously has a sweet tooth. (It was probably oneshotwillie) :D

I might p.m you for that location as living in Plymouth it will be easy for me ( And friends) to get too. :thumbsup:

All the best,

Kneef :)
I'm also from Plymouth,you have to park at the farthest end of fernworthy reservoir and walk the way in straight up the track,through the woods til you come out onto the moor.you will then have plenty of places to choose to camp.

Stolen:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: Damn---how did they get through the Laser turrets trip mines and Death pits:eek::eek::eek::eek: must be some hard buggers up Dartmoor way:ninja:

Moors have a beautiful bleakness to them, I'm sick though I like them when its stormy and blowing a Gale:whistle:

SAS? You get a lot of the 'tiptoe boys' on the Beacons and also other army units. I think you either love or hate moorland areas for camping...I like these areas in Winter months.

Back