• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wild Garlic

Wicklowwolf

Extremely Talkative
Once again it's Wild Garlic season. All parts of the plant are edible, but I am only interested in the bulbs. I just cut them small and mix them in with the rest of the food. In this case a mix of canned beans, normal garlic, onion and pepper.
Garlic  & Turkish Tent 001.JPG
Garlic  & Turkish Tent 002.JPG
Garlic  & Turkish Tent 003.JPG
Garlic  & Turkish Tent 004.JPG

Attachments

• Garlic  & Turkish Tent 005.JPG
    Garlic & Turkish Tent 005.JPG
    111.5 KB · Views: 130
Once again it's Wild Garlic season. All parts of the plant are edible, but I am only interested in the bulbs. I just cut them small and mix them in with the rest of the food. In this case a mix of canned beans, normal garlic, onion and pepper.View attachment 9351 View attachment 9352 View attachment 9353 View attachment 9354
Mine is also growing well wolf, there was a great myth on the forum a couple of years ago that wild garlic bulbs were poisonous and one member said a friend became ill through eating the bulbs. my answer was that he'd probably eaten bluebell bulbs by mistake and they can cause problems

Your friend may have eaten Lily of the valley. The leaves look similar. But Lily of the valley has no bulbs and smells differently.
I have eaten Wild Garlic bulbs (and other parts of the plant) for many year and never experienced any problems.

Your friend may have eaten Lily of the valley. The leaves look similar. But Lily of the valley has no bulbs and smells differently.
I have eaten Wild Garlic bulbs (and other parts of the plant) for many year and never experienced any problems.
Likewise in soups and stews, the leaves in salads or made into pesto

Wild Garlic - Nice to eat, but massively invasive in the garden, virtually impossible to control....

Was only joking Joe;).....Love to see you guys in your gardens and see the fruits of your labour.:thumbsup:
Nothing like home grown produce:thumbsup:

Was only joking Joe;).....Love to see you guys in your gardens and see the fruits of your labour.:thumbsup:
Nothing like home grown produce:thumbsup:
I know you were joking Bill, summer meet I will be bringing down a box of home grown veg for anybody who wants it:)

Back