• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wildlife encounters

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
What and how many unexpected Wildlife encounters have you had?
Mine have been with Foxes mainly....had one pop out of a hedge a meter away from me while laying up on a warren....don't know who was most surprised....its face was a picture.

Pheasants are another...when your stalking along a hedge light footing.....focused on your quarry ahead....then all of a sudden one clatters out of the hedge next to you.

Have seen several deer too...at one of the meets I was taking walk next to a stream looking for a spot to get down for some water......just as I dipped the neck of the container in the stream a large Red deer bolted from its lay......back to base and change underwear.:D

With me its also mainly foxes Bill problem I have is that when Mollie sees them she goes toxic so they don't hang about. I can sit for hours watching water foul

A was stalking some rabbit on my permission and decided to sit for a bit and let them settle so 5 or so minutes past by and just at my feet there was a rabbit siting there a could have reached down and picked it up it was that close. What a scare it got when it spotted me :rofl:

The best encounter I had was in the city of Glasgow were a stayed feeding a fox and even giving it a clap

AV had one weird encounter at a place called balmaha across from duckbay marina

With me its also mainly foxes Bill problem I have is that when Mollie sees them she goes toxic so they don't hang about. I can sit for hours watching water foul

Lot of Foxes around my permissions Joe.
Mollie is looking after you mate:thumbsup:

A was stalking some rabbit on my permission and decided to sit for a bit and let them settle so 5 or so minutes past by and just at my feet there was a rabbit siting there a could have reached down and picked it up it was that close. What a scare it got when it spotted me :rofl:

The best encounter I had was in the city of Glasgow were a stayed feeding a fox and even giving it a clap

AV had one weird encounter at a place called balmaha across from duckbay marina

Feeding the Fox must have been something else Mark :thumbsup:

The usual suspects here in the U.K. quiet a different matter in Southern Africa, some were 'expected' to be seen but still a shock, some weren't expected, and those were a bigger shock lol, as for the ones you hear and don't see, well, that's what you get for walking in the Namib desert at dusk, alone....................idiot ;)

The usual suspects here in the U.K. quiet a different matter in Southern Africa, some were 'expected' to be seen but still a shock, some weren't expected, and those were a bigger shock lol, as for the ones you hear and don't see, well, that's what you get for walking in the Namib desert at dusk, alone....................idiot ;)

Hi Bop.

Our critters do not compare to some you see :)
Grown men leaping in hedges after hearing a bush rustle.......me included:rofl::whistle:

Most of the encounters we have......we never have the camera to hand:rolleyes:

Has anyone been lucky enough to manage a picture.....post them up:thumbsup:

The best I've had was up at macrihanish(sp?) when I was driving a van and setting off home from there down a long quiet road and a golden eagle took off from the road side next to me and flew along side the van for about 20 seconds. Absolutely magnificent creature and unmistakably not a buzzard or osprey which is what most people instantly asked me if I was sure it wasn't one of those when i said about seeing it.

Back