• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Windy Smithy Rangers.. any one with experience?

mary shuldham

Slightly Talkative
Hello theorem new here. Excited.
Im looking into getting avnew wood burner and have seen Windy Smithy wood burners have oven compartments also. For my live in Carvan this feels like a good double use of energy and something id like to think about. Has anyone got any experience with these Ranger burners . .. reviews, pitfalls, thumbs up ?

Thank you for any support and feed back
Mary

Im looking into getting avnew wood burner and have seen Windy Smithy wood burners have oven compartments also. For my live in Carvan this feels like a good double use of energy and something id like to think about. Has anyone got any experience with these Ranger burners . .. reviews, pitfalls, thumbs up ?

Mary

Hi there Mary.

Welcome to the Bushcraftforum :)

Please take a minute to introduce yourself in the welcome section on the forum.
Tell us a little bit about yourself and your interests.
This also gives current members the opportunity to welcome you.:thumbsup:

Re the stove reviews....I found this link.....good old Google;)

http://www.whatstove.co.uk/windy-smithy-henry-stove-reviews

How long have you been living in your van?....are you on your own land living off grid...or on a site?
Or are you on the road travelling?.........we are not really a nosey lot.....but we are interested ;):D

Hi there Mary.

How long have you been living in your van?....are you on your own land living off grid...or on a site?
Or are you on the road travelling?.........we are not really a nosey lot.....but we are interested ;):D
Hi there Mary.

Hi there Willie.. Ill make sure i do this.
Been living in my Van almost a year now :)
Its a van not looking to move anywhere, situated in a field with water and mains hook up. Am always looking for ways to connect with natural water sources and make use of heat energy from the fire rather than use electric

I'vejust found this thread, we had one of these windy smithy stoves in our shepherds hut, while ours didn't have an oven it could be used with a Dutch oven.
The downsides are that they don't hold enough fuel to stay in for long and the logs have to be split down, almost to the size of kindling to be effective. Great for playing with but the novelty soon wears off.

Mary
welcome to the family Mary, I've plenty of experience with wood burners but I've never heard of the kind you mention

I should have checked the date matt

tumblr_lyirp3h0T31qao1lqo1_500.gif

Attachments

• tumblr_lyirp3h0T31qao1lqo1_500.gif
    tumblr_lyirp3h0T31qao1lqo1_500.gif
    885.5 KB · Views: 17
Back