• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wines and beers.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Anyone brew their own wines and beers from what they grow?

Any recipes and tips on producing it guys?

Not home brew kits thank you:D

have loads of recipes for wines and beer just let know what you want and give me your email address and I will send you them in a file

Hi Jefft.

That's a very kind offer mate...thank you!:thumbsup:

I was thinking more of members adding tips and tricks on actually making their own wines and beer's and sharing the recipes and know how in here:thumbsup:
Some people have recipes that are closely guarded secrets :D.....others they may share.

So if you can give us some tips on starting out......what kit......recipes......techniques.......it would be an interesting topic?

one thing I used to do when wine making was when I put the wine in the demijohn was just to make it up to 7 pints then boil 2 pound of sugar and 1pint of water then when the first ferment was nearly done add the sugar syrup a bit each day and you could get a higher alcohol content

Never tried it bill, my father tried his hand at beer and cider,wine. Wine and beer was good but the cider nearly killed him and the neighbors :rofl:

When you say nearly killed him and the Neighbours :D.......was that from drinking it or was there a bang:eek::rofl:

Was given a home brew kit many years ago for a birthday......came in its own fermenting bin........you may know the kind?
Washed and cleaned everything......made as per instructions.......placed in airing cupboard.
Forgot all about it and ended up with a stinking bucket of mush with a 2 inch crust of green mouldo_O:fedup:

BUT.......the Mother in law enjoyed it:evilplan::evilplan::whistle:

my first beer kit made by my brother and me let it stand in the bucket a week put it in bottles put it in the pantry3 day later every bottle exploded glass every where ater that had to make it in the shed

you can make pure alcohol by mixing 3 pounds of sugar teaspoon of citric acid a good yeast starter when ferment is finished just add any flavour you like or if you ha a still you can make moonshine

I've had moonshine lol got my eyesight back a day later lol

I tried the local home made rum in Belize Ned....like rocket fuel it was........make a glass eye weep it would.
We all had warnings about drinking too much of it......temporary loss of eyesight was mentioned funnily enough:D

Tell ya had some Yankee grain moonshine tell ya burnt the soles of your feet I had a shot glass full I fell over a few times was I bad the following day that Belize rum I heard stories about that stuff from a few mates mind you if it takes yaout the jungle for a bit its good stuff lol

When I was at my uncles in rosharon Texas I tried an old fashioned whiskey called red eye the original cowboy whiskey it is evil they call it red eye because the vapoyrs off it burn your eyes I had one glass it does not burn your insides its just when it hits your stomach like ya have a hot coal in there lol unfortunately one the side effects was the trots and it wasn't pleasant

Mind you my favourite whiskey is a single malt called bendronach 25 years old lol I have expensive tastes lol

I usually take a hip flask with me on trips out I have a nip before I go to bed its only on trips out though at home I don't bother

:rofl::rofl:....some evil brews out there mate.

I stick pretty much to the odd glass of cider......and beer these days.
We are partial to the odd Cuban rum 34% :alert:.........dont need many :rofl:

Back