• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wines and beers.

I have some proper Jamaican white rum here local brewed stuff its about 85%proof ya can try a shot if you like I'm not brave enough

Like a nice drop of cider on a really hot day I like the old cloudy stuff best ciders from somerset

A polish friend of mine Andrej gave me some polish vodka bill its like gasoline :rofl::rofl::rofl: he also introduced to their beer warka (prounounced varka) thats a nice beer too ya can buy it in morrisons now i bought 4the other day

sloe gin find a sloe bush when the berrys are nice and ripe pick and prick them get a big glass jar fill it three quarters with berrys fill with gin and seal and for about twos months .once made banana brandy tasted awful so put it in the shed and forgot about it found it about six months later tasted great and wote a hangover got some elderberry wine in the out house bean thire for at least 12 years and a bottle of gooseberry champagne made it when my son was born he is 34 years

Cheers Jefft :thumbsup:

:rofl: That home made Champagne will be pretty volatile..........have you left it that long because you are frightened to open it :eek::rofl:

dead right one day I will open it got some good welding gloves and a full motor cycle helmet or I could open it in sand blasting cabnet

IMAG2100.jpg
IMAG2111.jpg
IMAG2110.jpg
Some of this year's, ciders, wine and 8% ginger beer.

I wanna make sake. I gotta get round to researching it

nearest i go to sake is make some rice wine then make some sugar syrup 2 pound of sugar in a pint of water add it
in stages to the rice wine and you could end up with some thing about 20% alcohole

Another brewer here - wine, beer, cider, mead plus fruit liqueurs etc; sloe gin and raspberry vodka on the go at the moment.
I had a row of enormous hop bines before, so have planted a couple here in the new garden, they're doing well. Well worth the time and effort if you brew beer, I'm a Fuggles woman :)

One thing I did try this year was homemade 'whisky'. The theory behind it is that whisky takes on the flavour of the wooden cask, so it's just a case of getting some oak shaving/chips, wetting them, then steeping them in vodka for a couple of months. Malt whisky it ain't, but it definitely has a whisky-ish taste. Home made gin next :) I picked up some bits at the local tip a few years back towards making a still, but not got any further with that yet.

Home brewing is well worth doing, I fit mine into the general housekeeping as I go along.

Anyone brew their own wines and beers from what they grow?

Any recipes and tips on producing it guys?

Not home brew kits thank you:D

Parsnips, Yarrgh mash 'em up muck an' all. :eek: Mostly I'm a hedgerow viniculturist/brewer, damsons, sloe and such, but when time is of the essence Cellar Seven is my kit of choice, thirty six bottles £27-00 job done..........MiK

Well........after seeing some of the setups and methods used here some quite professional......... I kind of think our Sloe Gin attempt is quite bland in comparison :rofl:
But...hey ho we will give it a go :thumbsup:
Should have written the date on the bottle.....I think it has been stood for about 3 months now.

It has a nice colour to it.

DSC03044.JPG

Time to strain it and get it in a bottle for a taste or two:D

Well........after seeing some of the setups and methods used here some quite professional......... I kind of think our Sloe Gin attempt is quite bland in comparison :rofl:
But...hey ho we will give it a go :thumbsup:
Should have written the date on the bottle.....I think it has been stood for about 3 months now.

It has a nice colour to it.

View attachment 12328

Time to strain it and get it in a bottle for a taste or two:D

Looks the part bill........ Is there a reason for the tap and a half empty jar:D:rofl:

That was my Darling Lorraine's choice of vessel Mark:D

The tap is for lying under :alert::eeeew!:.........and at the time we only had a bottle and a half of Gin.....and not as many Sloes as we would have liked......so short measures:D

Being our first brew.....we didn't want to throw away too much if it failed:crying:

Here it is strained and ready to bottle :thumbsup:

DSC03045.JPG

Happy with that..........fancy a glass mate :whistle::D[/QUOTE]

Oh yes I’ll have a glass please :thumbsup::D

Laying under! :rofl: yup that sounds about right :rofl:

Look nice and clear bill. Well done mate:thumbsup:

Mind now bill “in moderation” don’t want your dear wife picking you up of the floor :rofl:

Mite have to change your avatar name to moonshine bill :D

Cheers, Mark.;)

"Mind now bill “in moderation” don’t want your dear wife picking you up of the floor :rofl:"

I think that will be the other way around Mark:whistle::rofl:

Moonshine Bill :rofl:......you trying to get me a bad name mate:eek::D

Back