• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Winter cold weather kit and clothing.

Never! The Palm trees have only a gentle sway in the breeze, still in shorts and flip/flops, factor 30 and cold beers needed. I did have to turn the AC off in the car today!……….Forecast is for temperatures to absolute crash to 23c tomorrow! 😳. May need the heating soon.

Snow on Dartmoor!…….Never!…All lies I tell you…..….Fake news….Hearsay. 🤷

At that age the mind plays tricks, not me though my memory is so good I sometimes remember things that didn't happen:thumbsup:

I'm a Deb'n bey and I'm old enough to remember the winter of 1963 - I was 12. It was minus 15c with 20 foot snowdrifts up on olde Dartymoor! :snow-wink:
❄️🛷
Going to swing a proverbial lantern but winter tour in the Balkans whe. We recorded minus 30 in a temporary patrol base in the hills North of pristine; It took discipline not to burst into tears as you didn’t want them to freeze!

Back