• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Winter doldrums

Well I bought a few upgrades, from my birthday money. ( too cantankerous to tell anyone what I want, Just gimme the money!;)) A DD 4x4, fuel bottle and fuel, and I needed a light/lantern for under the tarp, so I bought something I had never heard of. It's this: Tread Lite Gear Ultralight Cuben Fiber Rechargeable LED Lantern 11g. nothing much to look at but it's ultra lightweight and rechargeable, might be a bit gimmicky but hey worth a bash.

tread lite gear is spot on , I have this lantern ,does exactly as I’d expect 👍

This year is going to be very different for me as I will mostly be getting out on solo trips. I wanted to get out again last week but the weather put me off, if it’s too windy for me it’s not as enjoyable, give me any other weather and I’m perfect but wind is not cool 😂

Really enjoying sleeping on the ground at the moment with my new nemo sleeping pad, looking forward to experimenting more with tarp shelters, feels more wild to me right now. Looking to take a trip for a couple of days in Scotland in the Easter holidays, maybe the Cairngorms, it’s beautiful round there.

As for new gear I’ve been looking at getting a new buck saw. The Bahco does a good job but I feel I need something that can rip through larger logs. Been looking at the Borial 21, seems perfect for what I need. I’ve also been thinking about getting a small fishing rod that will fold down in my backpack so I can get some fishing done this year. Because I’ll be on my own mostly fishing sounds like a good time killer.

So that’s my update anyway. Hope everyone has a smashing year and I look forward to seeing lots of trips 👍🏻
I’m planning on a solo at Brockwell sometime in March , I’ll let you know when .

Back