• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

South West Winter social 24-26 November 2017 (write ups and pictures)

Friday evening ....

left for the farm around 6pm arrived at the meeting point for 7pm dick and kneef were already waiting and seemed excited to get down to the farm :cool:

Gave john and Emily a call to see how they were doing ..reply was "we are at the local shop "...so john High tailed it round to meet us and the convoy was on its way :thumbsup:

we headed out to the parking area where all kit was loaded into the landrover so i could transport it down the Ruff track to the boundary of the farm ...this left us aprox 200 mtrs to carry our kit :cool:

20 mins latter the guy,s had caught up with the landrover and we started ferrying the kit to the farm house :thumbsup:

soon as we got into the farm candles were lit and the logburners were soon roaring away taking the chill off the place ..we got the gas connected and the gas rings were fired up in the kitchen area and the first kettle full of many was on its way to boiling :thumbsup:...

we all got our personal kit stowed and had a good look about the farm and the toilet system :rofl:

we spent the evening yapping sat in the front room with the log burner on full chat ....(excellent)

As a few of the guys wandered of to bed myself and kneef were the last men standing so we loaded the log burner to bursting point and then headed off to bed ....nipped out for a pea and noticed it was snowing :):):):):)...

Saturday morning :thumbsup:

Woke to an awesome site ...the place looked like a winter wonderland we had a nice covering of snow over night which made for some real special photo,s :cool:

breakfast ....3 egg,s 4 rashers bacon . beans and tomatoes washed down with endless cups hot tea with bread and butter to mop up the juice :bow::bow::bow::bow:....

the guys were all out taking photo,s and after we were photoed out we head out for a wander on the moors for a few hrs ;);)

was a tad chilly and we were caught in a fairly heavy shower of sleet/snow :thumbsup:

we headed back to the farm and decided we had enough food to not need to bother with the 3 mile hike to the pub and back :alert::alert::eek::eek::eek:

so a quick stock check of the food and we had 64 sausages 32 rashers bacon 4 loafs bread and 32 eggs :ninja::ninja::ninja:

so this had now turned into a sausage fest :cool::cool::cool::cool:

we cooked all the sausages up yes thats rite all 64 !!!!!!....buttered a loaf of bread and we all went for it ..at the end of meal time we had to dispose of 6 sausages that wernt eaten :rofl:

we were all stuffed to the gill,s and a few of the guys had a go on the dart board and we spent the evening relaxing and digesting the food ......

sunday morning :(....

scrambled eggs was the name of the game with bacon and bread and butter :rofl:

so i set to scrambling 32 eggs and added 4 pints off milk :lol:

bacon was fried up and more bread buttered .....

whilst breakfast was cooking we all set about transporting kit back to the landrover ready for the off ...the farm was swept from top to bottom and the floors mopped clean and stoves cleared ready for the next occupant ...

all in all i had a good time would like to thank the guys and girl for making the effort to join us ...lets do it again next year :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i didnt take any pictures as my phone battery died with in 20 mins of being at the farm im sure the other guys will up load there pickys so you can all see what we woke up to this morning :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Friday evening ....

left for the farm around 6pm arrived at the meeting point for 7pm dick and kneef were already waiting and seemed excited to get down to the farm :cool:

Gave john and Emily a call to see how they were doing ..reply was "we are at the local shop "...so john High tailed it round to meet us and the convoy was on its way :thumbsup:

we headed out to the parking area where all kit was loaded into the landrover so i could transport it down the Ruff track to the boundary of the farm ...this left us aprox 200 mtrs to carry our kit :cool:

20 mins latter the guy,s had caught up with the landrover and we started ferrying the kit to the farm house :thumbsup:

soon as we got into the farm candles were lit and the logburners were soon roaring away taking the chill off the place ..we got the gas connected and the gas rings were fired up in the kitchen area and the first kettle full of many was on its way to boiling :thumbsup:...

we all got our personal kit stowed and had a good look about the farm and the toilet system :rofl:

we spent the evening yapping sat in the front room with the log burner on full chat ....(excellent)

As a few of the guys wandered of to bed myself and kneef were the last men standing so we loaded the log burner to bursting point and then headed off to bed ....nipped out for a pea and noticed it was snowing :):):):):)...

Saturday morning :thumbsup:

Woke to an awesome site ...the place looked like a winter wonderland we had a nice covering of snow over night which made for some real special photo,s :cool:

breakfast ....3 egg,s 4 rashers bacon . beans and tomatoes washed down with endless cups hot tea with bread and butter to mop up the juice :bow::bow::bow::bow:....

the guys were all out taking photo,s and after we were photoed out we head out for a wander on the moors for a few hrs ;);)

was a tad chilly and we were caught in a fairly heavy shower of sleet/snow :thumbsup:

we headed back to the farm and decided we had enough food to not need to bother with the 3 mile hike to the pub and back :alert::alert::eek::eek::eek:

so a quick stock check of the food and we had 64 sausages 32 rashers bacon 4 loafs bread and 32 eggs :ninja::ninja::ninja:

so this had now turned into a sausage fest :cool::cool::cool::cool:

we cooked all the sausages up yes thats rite all 64 !!!!!!....buttered a loaf of bread and we all went for it ..at the end of meal time we had to dispose of 6 sausages that wernt eaten :rofl:

we were all stuffed to the gill,s and a few of the guys had a go on the dart board and we spent the evening relaxing and digesting the food ......

sunday morning :(....

scrambled eggs was the name of the game with bacon and bread and butter :rofl:

so i set to scrambling 32 eggs and added 4 pints off milk :lol:

bacon was fried up and more bread buttered .....

whilst breakfast was cooking we all set about transporting kit back to the landrover ready for the off ...the farm was swept from top to bottom and the floors mopped clean and stoves cleared ready for the next occupant ...

all in all i had a good time would like to thank the guys and girl for making the effort to join us ...lets do it again next year :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

i didnt take any pictures as my phone battery died with in 20 mins of being at the farm im sure the other guys will up load there pickys so you can all see what we woke up to this morning :cool:
Great write up mate, I understand that there was a film crew there for the weekend making a sequall to House Of Horrors:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Matt has covered all the main points so I won't do a wordy tome tonight. Might add a bit tomorrow but I will put up a few pics. Maybe a few more tomorrow. Big thanks to Matt for transferring kit closer to the farm, Kneef for sorting out the booking and Jon and Emily for doing lots of washing up etc. Oh and Lily for the licks and growls. If you look carefully there is a picture of Matt cooking! He was very good. Oh and well done Kneef for the cheese toasties on his new piece of kit. Ps there was a guy taking photos outside the farm in the snow. Turns out we know him and he has put them up on Facebook. Small world.
DSC_0344.JPG
DSC_0345.JPG
DSC_0346.JPG
DSC_0358.JPG
DSC_0378.JPG
DSC_0377.JPG
DSC_0363.JPG
DSC_0367.JPG

Nice write up guys and a good time had by all:thumbsup:
Pleased you managed to clear the fry fest.
Must have been quite special waking up to the covering of snow.......and enjoying a walk about in it too.

Proper job:thumbsup:

Hey, what a fab time. Not much to add to Matt's event list other than the fact that we did not exect anyone to be at the pub until 7.30 so we drove around (having got to the place at 6.20) and then sat in our car and ate pasties from the local shop. Matt thought we were joking about being parked up:)

All hands on deck is a phrase i think i would use for the arriving and settling in. Everyone was doing what we all could to get heat, ferry kit and start making it feel like home.

What an amazing place. We did not see much due to arriving in the dark but the peppered sky had stars that i had not seen in a while.

Something that was not mentioned was an ice-cream van came early in the morning but we were all cozy in our beds to get up (never came the second morning?)

The morning was magical. As you can tell from the photos it was like opening the door to a Christmas card. I got up and went to do a morning watering of the plants quickly to find that there was a photographer on my right not really happy that i was standing in his shot. This happened everytime i wanted to go out holding a nice warm cup of drink:) strange thing is that everytime we went out there were more and more photographers.

Great company, conversation and stories by a warm fire. Photos to follow.

Back