• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

With so many new faces here a question often asked

In terms of knowledge, real skills and the ability to teach it has to be Ray Mears, none of the others come close to him. I enjoy watching the old Les Hiddins programmes and Les stroud is an enjoyable view.

Ed Stafford is OK but I'm not sure he is actually a 'Survival Expert' as he does not really demonstrate a great depth of knowledge/techniques but is entertaining to watch.

This is what started Ray off in the media, boy, he looks young LOL

Can't believe Bear hasn't had a mention.....

FxBJ.gif

To be honest there's been a fair few names I haven't heard of but I'm a fan of Ray Mears.

Ray is an all time great. I would have picked ray but I like and respect the way David Canterbury lives...so he tops my charts 👍

Dave is OK but he's another that demonstrates no real depth of skills.

I recently watched Duel Survivor and it was fun but Dave seems a bit panicky for someone with all his special forces background;) No loved lost between him and the blonde pony tailed 'expert' AKA Cody Lundin

Corned beef, Marmite and tom sandwiches, bottle of cheeky red :) and as I've pretty much got all the bushcraft shows on the home network I feel Les Hiddins calling me this afternoon :)

Yep, watched a lot of those, I think one of the better ones was the island in the South Seas, 30 days ish iirc

Watched that a few times.... one of my favourites ..great skills and entertaining to boot... hope he makes another one just like it

I can't take to the boy, seems a bit of a self absorbed attention seeker. Wasn't there a story about him getting nabbed staying in a hotel but him saying he was in the wilds ????

yup he lied and got caught 😂 silly bugger...... but who hasn’t lol

Back