• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

wood burning stoves

F.A.O. BULLSEYE,,,, Rob whats the chances of turning this in to a stove? log burner?
View attachment 577

I've just seen a few of these down the skip yard at the back of my sister's place, they are paper thin, thinner than an ammo box I reckon, throw away stuff mate.

I could possibly get hold of a couple of the big camping gaz bottles if you fancied giving them a try.

I'll see how many I can collect between now and Barry's meet. I'd like to make one myself but I know I don't have the time or the tooling. I was going to make one for my trailer tent but that's going up for sale soon as we've just bought ourselves a caravan but I reckon we could use one in the awning or outside at the steam rallies.

I would like to have a go at one of these if they are thick enough to do the job.

They look like this only a bit more rusty, that is the biggest one but there are 3 sizes, all the same diameter but smaller in height.

i was very impresed with the way robs stove worked over the weekend camp/bushy out in plymouth .....well done mate

Well ive nearly completed my ammo box stove, had two burns in it, but having issues with the fire going out, so have made a series of vent holes on each side of the box to improve air flow, this did help a bit but didnt cure the problem, im thinking that its probably the diameter of the flue or the baffold i put inside. Pics to follow when sorted.

Look forward to seeing the pics mate, someone mentioned to me the other day that apparently all flues should be baffled in some way:confused:

we will have a selection of home made stoves at the summer bushy event for the guys to try out ....

as you guys probably know ive already got the blaze stove for my soulpad tent ...but as the tent is new i dont want to cut a hole in it for the flue of the stove....

so ive decided im going to get one of the polish 2 man tents and try and make my own smaller stove ...perhaps out of an ammo box ..ive been looking about on the net and the one,s ive seen still look abit big for what i would call easy carry!!!!...

so my mission is to try and build a fully functioning stove which will warm my tent but also warm my water for a brew...but it will need to be compact and fairly light ...ive got a few ideas.. will keep you guys posted on how i get on

Look no futher I have a spare ammo box about 24" x 10" approx

Back