• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wood carving tools.

Here's my first attempt..... loved how relaxing it was.
20170601_204651.jpg

Used some wet hazel and did not let it dry like i should, hence the little furry bits.

The knife i used was a little Morakniv the Emily bought me:
20170601_204802.jpg

Bring on the summer meet...hopefully have some more time around the fire to do another one:)

Good job Jon.....nice bit of carving mate :thumbsup:
Nice knife too.
Should be a bit of fun at the meet:thumbsup:

Will have to take lots of plasters to the meet:)

Hi Jon.

The tools we use for the carving have no friends:(they do not care who they cut:D
Extremely sharp and pointed.......easy to make just the one slip and end up with a really nasty injury :(

I have taken the precaution of buying a pair of these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product..._act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A85OV7DWM4402

Worth the effort and cost when you think how much fuel you would use getting to A&E :rofl:

Stay safe a buy a pair mate:thumbsup:

Hi Jon.

The tools we use for the carving have no friends:(they do not care who they cut:D
Extremely sharp and pointed.......easy to make just the one slip and end up with a really nasty injury :(

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product..._act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A85OV7DWM4402

Worth the effort and cost when you think how much fuel you would use getting to A&E :rofl:

That's true:) When carving both Emily and I use a set of these already. Bery careful still everytime i pick that whittling knife up......it will cut:)

Hi Jon.

I would have thought you were to thick skinned to get cut Bill :p

Well the rum had the typical effect and reduced my resistance to a bargain so I ordered one. (and had to admit such to the wife today LOL)
I'll let you know when it arrives.

Well the rum had the typical effect and reduced my resistance to a bargain so I ordered one. (and had to admit such to the wife today LOL)
I'll let you know when it arrives.
Thanks Paul, pics and a review please

still you never know it might just need a good edge putting on it when you get it

Got this email from them:

Hello Paul
Thank you for your order however we are unable to process it because we require a minimum value of £10 ex vat and carriage(16.99). We have therefore cancelled your payment and would ask that you place a new order at least to the minimum value. Apologies for any inconvenience.
Best regards
Customer Services

Pah!

taking the mick ant they 16 carriage must be sent wrapped in gold paper

you could look on ebay and get some farriers knives and bend them to suit youself

16 squid mate, you could probably go and collect it for less

none the wonder the knives cheap they getting the money another way at least dick terpin wore a mask when he robbed them

Back