• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Wood seasoning question.

If you're burning pine or birch from Britain you'll be feeding your fire every hour or so and going through a huge volume of wood.

That's fine as wifey doesnt usually want to sit and watch the flames for more than a couple of hours at most. So a couple of good logs would be all that was needed.

Nipped out for a couple of phots....

IMG_20190828_192028.jpg

IMG_20190828_192044.jpg

One side has more panelling on it as that's the prevailing wind, I should have put a bit more of a slope on the roof but it does. As you can see, we're the local Clampetts. :lol:

I've other stuff sat beside it drying and I need to cut and split some logs.

I tend to stack my wood in a open fronted lean to . I try to stick to hardwoods if possible although i do burn well seasoned softwood . Through work i do have access to offcuts of joinery timber although that tends to burn quickly . I re-enact and there is a running joke about English Heritage saftey wood . Wood that's generally to damp really for use although last weekend we had a supply of ash that was decent enough. We have got into the habit of bagging some up and taking it home and into the lean tos for use the following year.

Reactions: Bam
Back