• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Woods Walker Titanium Stove.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
Just been browsing around......more out of interest than a view to buy.
Came across this stove made by Wood Walker......and thought to myself.....nice bit of kit for the money compared to some others of the same ilk.
Fairly lightweight and VERY packable into its own purpose made bag.
Looks to be well made and thought out.....looking at the video....... it seems to burn well.

At just shy of £279 I reckon it would be a good buy for someone looking out for a nice tidy stove.

Very ingenious and only 2.2kg. I like it.
There‘s a Russian lady selling them on eBay, I’m not sure of the weights but there are at least three versions from single tent to cooking for expeditions.
The finishing on the WoodsWalker stove looks much better but I do like the idea of the spark arrester/secondary burn box on the Ruski stove and the way it all slots together. It’s a bit no frills but does the job.

Same as Mike.....like the spark arrester and burn box idea. :thumbsup:
Not at all enamoured with the Ruski one to be honest.......I would feel no joy what so ever using that old biscuit tin :rofl:......a faff to put together with cold wet hands to.

The Wood Walker is worth the extra bucks I think.

I like the looks of that Woods Walker, £255 on Amazon, get Christmas out of the way and I'm going to sort a stove and tent out, for those with the OneTigris gear, the hammock hot tent, would it double up as a tent tent if I could get an inner of some sort to go in it, is it solid in wind or would I be better off with the Ironwall? I know a lot of that is subjective but would appreciate some ideas on them both. Thanks.

I like the looks of that Woods Walker, £255 on Amazon, get Christmas out of the way and I'm going to sort a stove and tent out, for those with the OneTigris gear, the hammock hot tent, would it double up as a tent tent if I could get an inner of some sort to go in it, is it solid in wind or would I be better off with the Ironwall? I know a lot of that is subjective but would appreciate some ideas on them both. Thanks.
myself and @gavin use it as a tent and to be truthful we had some bad weather (very windy/raining) in Galloway when we went there in October and the tent did very well infact had no issues whats so ever .... just use a ridge line when pitching it

Very ingenious and only 2.2kg. I like it.
£248 + shipping
Any experience with these?

I've got a seek outside medium stove but don't get enough time to really use it much at the moment.

Is the lightness of titanium that much of an advantage if realistically you are vehicle Packing it? Titanium dissipates heat much quicker than steal so you don’t get the secondary radiator effect meaning you need more wood to generate the same heat?

Is the lightness of titanium that much of an advantage if realistically you are vehicle Packing it? Titanium dissipates heat much quicker than steal so you don’t get the secondary radiator effect meaning you need more wood to generate the same heat?

I’m not sure there Is going to be much difference in heat output. For me the trade off is low weight, higher price or more weight, lower price. Neither the titanium or stainless are that heavy compared with some other stoves. The Russian stoves are said to be a bit fiddly to put together and have the occasional rough edge or weird seam as if they’re made out of off cuts.

I’m not 100% but believe titanium sheds heat very quickly; it’s one of the reasons in addition to its strength/lightness ratio that it’s used in aeroplanes but this potentially means it doesn’t radiate heat effectively in the same way steel (not steal doh) does.

I value titanium for objects I'm man packing (and have spent my money on it to reduce the load) but for a tent stove that I’m Likely to be carrying in a car/truck then I’d save my pennies and go for steel.

I'm not 100% sure either, but it seems to me that various metals are more, or less, conductive - hence copper-bottomed cooking pans. If titanium conducts heat outwards then it should also conduct it inwards. Not a bad property for a cooking pot.
What kit we choose to use depends on what we are using it for and what we are doing. My brew set is titanium because it is light and I can use it for both back-pack camping or car-camping. But in general it's 'horses for courses'. I take an ultra-lightweight tent for an overnight in the hills but a dirty great bell tent for a few days camping out of the back of the car. My cast-iron dutch oven is strictly for car camping. When buying kit it all depends on what you plan to do with it.

I do like the folding aspect of the woodswalker type stove, especially the slightly simpler versions without glass. Unfortunately my budget is a little constrained for such a purchase when I can buy an outbacker for under £100 instead.

Back